My CC Holster

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Oaktree45, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

I don’t feel the need to always conceal carry a firearm but when I have to go to areas where I feel more comfortable carrying a weapon this is my conceal carry holster. I don’t like IWB holsters for conceal carry and when I wear an OWB holster it’s open carry in wilderness areas, think hiking, hunting, fishing, etc. I like this openly concealed concept.

IMG_0704_1.jpg
    IMG_0705_1.jpg

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Like the gun, sorry don’t like the holster.
    Too much of a giveaway that it’s not a cellphone holder.
    Just a personal opinion but that’s more covered then concealed to me.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Legal either way. With phones so freaking big and man purses and belt holders for everything, I doubt many would think twice about it.

moona11 likes this.
  4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

True, lot of sheep out there.
    I look for people that carry and SWMBO checks me out for printing before I leave the house.

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Looks like a Sneaky Peat holster. I have one of their mobile phone cases.

Oaktree45 and histed like this.
  6. Same here.

Rufus Nathaniel REDD and SWAGA like this.
  7. histed

histed Supporting Member

Sure does. I used one for several years for a SCCY. It worked fine, but I didn't like how long it took to draw or that it really takes two hands to do it well. They have one that looks like a personal first aid kit that should fool most people.

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Printing is not illegal here

9. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

Out of sight, out of mind. That holster is a very comfortable way to carry concealed. Yes, it is a Sneaky Pete holster.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

It isn't anymore in Florida.

Yes, the holster above looks like something that is hard to get a quick grip on the firearm. Time for a rip open fanny pack? o_O drug cops in Naples used to employ those a bunch back in the early 90's.

If a bad guy can cover 20ft in .4 seconds? You're going to lose your gun.

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You look like a very dedicated bible thumper that keeps his written proof close at hand.

SWAGA likes this.
  12. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I have considered one for my G30 SF for a long time, but the sheer size of it would have to indicate that something other than a phone was in it. I also thought that the first-aid kit might fool most people, but very few, other than first responders, carry first-aid kits on their belts, so I thought it would also create questions.

The Sneaky Peat holsters really would be best for micro-compact pistols where you have to wear clothes that are too form-fitted to facilitate traditional IWB or pocket carry methods. The smaller size of the cases designed for micro-compact pistols would better support the idea of an electronic device being carried on the belt, and it wouldn't look entirely out of place when worn with business attire.

With that being said, I do agree with your point that the draw would be compromised.

histed likes this.
  13. I open carried a Baby Browning in a old Blackberry case for around 5-6 years. I only got made one time by a guy who came up to me and quietly congratulated me on exercising my 2A rights. I did have someone ask me why I carried two cell phones on my belt, to which I responded "I can communicate very quickly with this" (pointing at my cell phone) "but I can get my point across even faster with this" (pointing at the Blackberry holster).
    upload_2020-7-1_12-29-45.png