My collection-all relatively new (to me)...

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by mattmacklind, Dec 30, 2007.

1. mattmacklind

mattmacklind Member

I recieved a Beretta 92FS for Christmas a few years ago, and it rekindled and interest in shooting, and then hunting, that I hadn't had for a while. I ended up taking a job in a rural area and one thing led to another. I got the Stoeger Condor a year later, and then I bought the Walther P22 just a few months ago. Then I picked up the Hi POint Carbine just last week and I love it. I bought the lever action the other day and haven't shot it yet, but it covers my needs for a proper deer rifle. Anyway, I like the forum, thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Nice! What caliber is the lever gun? I've been itching to get one.

3. Looks like a Winchester in 30-30 to me. I could be wrong though.

4. mattmacklind

mattmacklind Member

I bought the lever action at a pawn shop the other day for $169. Its a Sears Roebuck house brand Winchester. I figured what the hell. The Marlins are at least $350 new and this had a very smooth action and looked pretty well. It may need work, I'll find out soon... Its a 30.30, and I'm really looking forward to getting some service out of it.

I brought it home and polished the wood and oiled up the metal just to clean it up a bit. Looks in fine shape, really, but we'll see. It has a warrantee so if its no good back it goes!

5. Nothing wrong with those "Sears" branded gun. Both of my shotguns are "Sears." One by Mossberg, the other by Winchester.