Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice Collection Man.

That snakes looks pretty scary.
Thank you and naw she's a pusycat. Rattlesnakes have a very undeserved reputation, not once has that particular snake even attempted to strike at me.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Nice Collection Man.

Thank you and naw she's a pusycat. Rattlesnakes have a very undeserved reputation, not once has that particular snake even attempted to strike at me.
Only takes "once".

Buzz

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Collection Man.

Only takes "once".

Buzz
Very true and that once already happened with another snake. It is legal to keep 2 of each native rattlesnake species in California. However, it is illegal to sell any native animal unless it's something that can't be found in the wild, like an albino. So, they are not allowed to sell them in shops unless they are a morph of some type. I caught or was given my rattlesnakes. I do not believe in or keep venomoids (surgically removed venom glands).

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nice Collection Man.

I disagree on the snake issue-- I live in Texas and grew up going to the annual Rattlesnake Roundups at the National Guard Armory--- I not only went as a spectator, but alos took my share of snakes to the "show"--all ended up get eaten and turned into belts, buckles, boots, etc...I got nothing really against rattlesnakes, but anything that can come and kill me with no arms and legs-- aint right in my book ;)

Nice guns though!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I love snakes. They're so elegant. Not sure why everyone is so afraid of them. Just give them a wide birth and everything will be fine. Rattlesnakes in particular. They have that rattle to let you know they don't want any trouble. Now spiders....Ohhhh boy do I hate spiders.

Nice pistols btw.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I believe the revolver is ruger. Not much of a fan of snakes, but won't run from one either. Ive held a few and even had one in my tent- just grabbed it and set it far away from camp. Don't get me started on bees! Yuck!!!

If the government can take it away, it's not a right!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Collection Man.

I disagree on the snake issue-- I live in Texas and grew up going to the annual Rattlesnake Roundups at the National Guard Armory--- I not only went as a spectator, but alos took my share of snakes to the "show"--all ended up get eaten and turned into belts, buckles, boots, etc...I got nothing really against rattlesnakes, but anything that can come and kill me with no arms and legs-- aint right in my book ;)

Nice guns though!
I've grown up around snakes, and recently mostly venomous, and I can tell you for a fact that they have an undeserved reputation. Been catching tons of rattlesnakes recently and work with a friend up in a sanctuary with cobras and mambas and other crazy venomous snakes. I heard and read so much crap on the black mamba that when I went in to check it out I expected her to jump up at me! To my surprise the poor thing was scared out of its mind and just wanted to get away the whole time. It had just came in from Africa, by the way. I have never, not even with the Western diamondbacks that they torture at the roundups, had a rattlesnake not attempt to get away from me as soon as I saw it. Hell, the red diamondbacks here take off faster than the lizards. It takes a great deal of provoking to get a rattlesnake to bite which is exactly what they do at the roundups. I've done SO MANY stupid things in the past with my rattlesnakes and honestly should not be alive, yet they chose not to kill me. They chose not to bite despite their reputation as killers. Thank you for the kind words though and no disrespect at all ment. We all have our different opinions and I just want to dispel the many myths on snakes especially venomous ones.

what kind of revolver is that?
Judging from the grips....and the words "Federal Magnum" on the barrel, I'm guessing it's their new .327 they say will out perform the .357 mag.
Naw, its a good old .357 Magnum Ruger SP101.

Good to have a fellow herpophile on the boards. Tell us more about your beautiful animal there.
Good indeed to have a fellow reptile enthusiast! I got a a couple Southern Pacifics, a Western diamondback and a mohave. My mom is getting real fed up with my growing collection now so have had to reduce the number of my venomous drastically and don't really plan on getting much more. Do you have any venomous of yourself?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Do you have any venomous of yourself?
I don't own any snakes, closest I had was a Thicktail scorpion. They are responsible for a lot of deaths in South America and down in those areas. I've handles many a venomous though, through school and in my back yard. I would like a Sidewinder though, just because their eye scales look like horns. Though I would never being able to support a habitat for one.

Check this post out, it's some of my babies. I've since lost the Emperor, her was old. And I've picked up another Tokay. I'm hoping for little Tokays soon....

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,18085.0.html

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice set ups you got going on there! I've honestly been too lazy this year to really go out looking for snakes but we got sidewinders about an hours drive from here. Cool little rattlers but I usually go looking for the deadlier ones. Good luck with the tokays, mean little suckers though. I had one years past and all the little bastard would do was try to bite me.

Nice collection, including the snake.
Thank you!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, not trying to encourage you in any way, shape, or form to get a venomous snake if you don't want one, but sidewinders are not all that hard to care for. A 20 gallon terrarium filled with a good few inches of reptile sand, and a few fake cactuses and desert scrub here and there, along with a hide box would be more then enough for the little rattler to thrive! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.