my CQB 995TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by USMC_VET, May 8, 2014.

1. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

after Kuhockey27 showed us his rendition of a CQB Carbine i thought i would show mine as it is finally finished being built ..... I hope !!!:eek:

weighs in still lighter than a M16A1 rifle , M16A1 is 8.50lbs my Carbine weighs 8.38lbs

A3 45 deg offset sights

Magpul L4 MOE 4" rail

Armed Ops Tactical M6 LED 220 lumens light and red laser

Mako Forward grip

Hogue universal pistol grip sleeve

sightmark 3x magnifier & slide to side mount

Vortex Strike Fire Gen 2 red/green dot w/ cantilever mount

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Very nice, I was toying with the idea of going the same way you did with your optics setup. Let my friends talk me out of that setup and went with the scope I have now... this makes me want to re-think my choice lol.

But once again very nice.

3. USMC_VET

i had a sightmark #14002 reflex red dot on it before but was never happy on how it performed on the range. I then went to a CQB style UTG 3-9x32 scope but never actually went to the range with that set up and thought it was to much scope for a Carbine . I'm really happy with this Vortex as it is a 30mm tube with crisp/clear glass and a 4MOA red/green dot . This set up will get me accurate shot placement up to 50 yrds and if the need arises i can go out to 100yrds and get accurate shot placement with the 3x magnifier

4. Visper

My thought exactly, you really wouldn't want to engage anything over 100 yards with these anyway.

My friends talked me into a 2.5x10x42 tactical scope. The 2.5 setting is all I've ever used for actually firing it. it is nice to pump up the magnification to see where they actually hit at 100 yards without walking out or using a spotting scope/binoculars but I really wish I didn't cave in.

Think I'm going to go this way, did you flip the mount on the magnifier to get it to move to the left for your cantilever sights? Most of the 3x I've seen flip right, but you just have to flip the mount around (possible on some that I have seen).

I can always move the scope I have to my AK (no scope on it yet) just have to buy the mount for it.

5. USMC_VET

yep all i did was flip the mount and re position the magnifier so it would slide to the left and it clears the charging handle . did it this way so the spent shell casings wouldn't hit the magnifier and no it wasn't because of the 45 deg offset BUIS

6. Visper

Good point, didn't even think about the ejected casings. Either way looks great and I think you have made a wise choice!

7. Kuhockey27

Kuhockey27 i love 9mm! Member

I LOVE it brother!! This makes me want to rethink my optics.. I just went to range and my leapers red/green dot is acting up and wont zero in for me. And last time i was there it was zeroed, and i never unmounted it. Enough about me though.

That setup is legit man, i really do love how it will function and look great doing it!

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    very cool, subbed for ideas (once again)

I am thinking of selling my 2x, NIB C9s but keeping the 995TS...
    If these things had a decent mag interchange, I'd keep the C9s.