Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with it. :)

Is it your home defense firearm?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with it. :)

Is it your home defense firearm?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Yes it is :D
Honestly I can trust my life with it. almost 1k rounds and not a single hiccup with FMJ. Makes me feel proud to own it as Ive seen some who have much higher priced carbines and rifles experience various issues. I was at the range and as i mentioned in the video, a couple had a shotgun on the range and they were getting jam after jam. I shared my lane with them and they had so much fun. The guy was trying to teach his gf how to shoot it haha.

Felt like a proud dad XD

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Fixit.
Among the frequent posters here we’ve got at least half a dozen Ramsey followers.
I got on the bandwagon 3.5 years ago. Never bought a book or attended a course. Just listened to his radio show and YouTube vids.

Reactions: Sirjwil

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixit.
Among the frequent posters here we've got at least half a dozen Ramsey followers.
I got on the bandwagon 3.5 years ago. Never bought a book or attended a course. Just listened to his radio show and YouTube vids.
But.... but.... ma ammo :(

Sigh.... ok. Couldnt avoid it forever I guess

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
You need enough ammo, not a ton of ammo.
Cut down on your range trips and save your ammo.
Cut down to one box a month that’s 600 rounds/year, shoot half and save half.
Who am I giving you advice lol.
But yes, his system works.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need enough ammo, not a ton of ammo.
Cut down on your range trips and save your ammo.
Cut down to one box a month that's 600 rounds/year, shoot half and save half.
Who am I giving you advice lol.
But yes, his system works.
Point taken. I was beginning to switch into hoarder mode not gonna lie. All I do is look on internet for ammo now :oops:

Lol I completely understand giving advice that I need to follow as well haha.
Thanks Swaga

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I'm going to say something blasphemous now....:yikes:

You really do not need that much ammo for home defense.
Statistically a prolonged firefight is very unlikely.
Practice at the longest distance in your home, 7-10 yards.
Don't do anything else at the range.
Shoot one box of ammo every two months, that's 300/year.
Follow Ramsey for the rest of it.
Sell everything you do not need.
Yes, you need a gun for SD/HD but honestly you only need one.
If you don't have a CCW you're better off with the carbine for home defense.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have ammo. How much? I don't hoard, that is for certain, but I do have enough to last through the next election cycle. But, I reload, have for decades. I buy supplies when they are "cheap", after the panics. I keep the amount of powder, primers and bullets adjusted so I won't run out of any one component. I shoot enough to keep in practice and enjoy a day at the range. I don't do 500 rounds over a weekend! I space out my practice sessions to keep in balance.
I know of people who get into hoarding. They brag about having over 100,000 rounds of ammo (mostly .22). I wonder what they will do with all of it. Don't tie up money on stuff like that. Keep enough ammo for two years of normal shooting and then pace your self. Collect ammo during the "quiet" times when you can find decent prices on it.
This comes from a lifetime of watching the ups and downs of the gun world. But, its how I operated and your style may be different.

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
Not sure if there is going to be a easing of tensions for 3-8 years. I don't hoard. When you can't see out the the window in the spare room, you're getting close! :lol:

Watching the 17yo doing social work on the street the other night affirms what I already knew. It's getting crazier out there.

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
Like my 995TS. I am a Ruger fanboy, and keep threatening to get a Ruger PC Carbine, just can not justify replacing my Hi Point. And I also trust my 995. I am sure there has been a malfunction along the way, just can’t remember when it was!

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I have what I need, everything else is want

- Confucius

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Saved by Grace through Faith
58 Posts
Get the Ruger PC Carbine...you won't regret it...they are wonderful...from one Ruger fanboy to another! :cool:

Keep the Hi-Point 995 TS....they are wonderful....you won't regret it. From one Hi-Point fanboy to another! :D

Like my 995TS. I am a Ruger fanboy, and keep threatening to get a Ruger PC Carbine, just can not justify replacing my Hi Point. And I also trust my 995. I am sure there has been a malfunction along the way, just can't remember when it was!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure if there is going to be a easing of tensions for 3-8 years. I don't hoard. When you can't see out the the window in the spare room, you're getting close! :lol:

Watching the 17yo doing social work on the street the other night affirms what I already knew. It's getting crazier out there.
I forgot what age juvenile vs. adult ends and begins but me thinks that wannabe po po isn't going to see much sunshine again, if ever.

Concerning hoarding, I don't do it. That's why I quit at a million rounds. That would be an automatic check because it might wear out a few good guns. Oh, you meant ammo....yuk, yuk. Hoarding ammo or guns wasn't mentioned by Dave so it's OK. I like to surf GB. Now and then, there's a deal. Where else would a million rounds come from, or more, I lost count. Kind of like Walmart. The more you spend, the more you save...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Like my 995TS. I am a Ruger fanboy, and keep threatening to get a Ruger PC Carbine, just can not justify replacing my Hi Point. And I also trust my 995. I am sure there has been a malfunction along the way, just can't remember when it was!
Get the ruger pc carbine. It's a great rifle and it's really fun to shoot. Breaks down really nice and I don't think you're 995ts will mind.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Get the ruger pc carbine. It's a great rifle and it's really fun to shoot. Breaks down really nice and I don't think you're 995ts will mind.
There ya go, Pappa. I like that kind of reminder that a man can't own too many guns or have too much ammo. Especially with what else is going on, sad to say. "I was set-up". What next?

·
What the Hell was that?
669 Posts

Sad, but true.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts