Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call fm my wife around 4pm today, my daughte Gabby had been robbed at knife-point.

turns-out it went down like this...

she was in her car enjoying a smoke b4 work. Broad daylight, 50 feet from the Mall doors.

He comes-up and tells her to hand-over her keys, purse & cell-phone, she looks up and smiles think it must be some friend... not so. Stupid white kid with blue eyes, goatie, etc... she gave the cops a great description.

She hands-over the stuff (good girl!) and he takes-off running. Gabz started getting mad after a few seconds realization of what he'd done. She jumps outa the car, takes-off her shoes, and starts tearing after him (not a good idea, i know). She had armed herself with spiked heels and was anxious to use them. She started yelling "call 911, grab that *%#$$$* guy!".

A lady in an SUV saw this and took chase after the guy, pulling-up directly behind the gold sedan he climbed in the pass. side of. Gabz yelled to get the lic. no. & the gal did!

They called 911, the cops showed-up in minutes.

About ten minutes later I was home (putting the pistol where Val could use it if need be, since the guy now had our address) and Val was on the phone with a friend who'd found Gabby's purse.

By the time I reached the Mall (15 minutes) they had her purse and were listing what was missing. I heard on the radio that they had tracked him to an apt not far away & were watching it while the Sgt drew-up the warrants.

I just got home a few minutes ago from getting Pizza & Gabz was hanging up the phone w/officer Nick (turns out we'd served on a jury together some years back when he was fresh outa college). She told me that she had already ID'd him a few minutes earlier.

They called her to the apt & had him stand by the car while she was in another cruiser, but she couldn't be positive so wanted a closer look. They threw him back in the car & she walked right up to the window & glared at him. She said you could hear his mind saying "oh $hit". She said "that's him", and walked away. They found her phone & checkbook at the scene afterward (that's why Nick called).

Gabby - 1
bad guy - , well... a judge will decide that.

I't 6:30ish right now & this loser has already been in cuffs for at least an hour... nice work Dubuque Police!!

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I'm glad she's ok and that he was caught.
She seemed to know pretty much exactly what to do, made a few decisions I wouldn't want my ol lady doing but hey it all worked in her favor.
Hopefully its all over and you wont see or hear from that douchebag again.
Just in case though, shes safe to know her daddy is packing.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Glad she is safe, CU... things are getting bad when BGs are pulling that kind of stunt in broad daylight.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Yeah, no kidding gtv, that's crazy!

CU, give your daughter a high 5 from all of us, that's awesome what she did! Good for her.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
CU,

Were all so glad she is OK! What a gutsy gal. Send her our best.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Really glad she's okay. Dubuque county IA is one county in IA that almost never issues CWPs... fortunately, the cops were reasonably speedy and you had cooperation of other witnesses to get license etc.

I'm really very glad this all worked out... hopefully, the perp will spend time behind bars... but he could plead to a misdemeanor and get out in short or no time at all... hope that doesn't happen.

I wonder how differently this would have turned out if she'd been able to level a C9 at him?

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Hey C-Ugly, let us know what the guy gets. I am somewhat interested to see if he just gets community service or actually goes to the big house. It will be interesting to see how our gov treats the case.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we haven't seen a thing in the papers (which is cool, since i don't want his friends to know our address) so i guess I'll have to request a police report.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.