Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You asked for it, here is my latest project.

Well, with a little artistic license and no measuring tape I began to hack up my Butler Creek 10/22 composite/plastic stock.

Before pic

I started by cutting out the basic shape with a hand saw, here is a picture after the basic shape was cut and the hollow portions and fitting an AR-15 pistol grip (free from the pay it forward thread courtesy of longbow) which was the trickiest part, had to drill a new hole at the furthest point to the rear of the PG to get it to mate up with the trigger

I then filled the hollow portions with bondo and let dry

Sanded in the rough shape

Then reapplied bondo to finish low spots and final sanded, ready for paint!

I also tried my hand at bedding the action, it is much tighter now, not sure if I did it right but it is very tight

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
That turned out really nice, panoz77. Great job!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
WOW... excellent work!! Now THIS is the kind of stuff I like to see!

This inspires me to possibly try to figure out what to do with my Mossberg 702. Haven't had a chance to fire it 'till this Saturday, but perhaps the poly stock could have some modding potential.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice work bro I am wanting to do something similar to that with a charger I want to make a very scorpion like ruger thingee I like the idea of the BC stock with the AR grip that will be much cheaper than moding a Tapco stock which was mt first idea. thanks for the inspiration bro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.