My favorite 995

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Fishy1, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

Here is my Chrome 995 with some upgrades. Thanks to Dennis(Iowatriker), Mark (Mr Green), LongShotMfg., and Joey for providing some excellent quality custom pieces.

Attached Files:

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I love the 995 also, just can't pick which one the best?

Attached Files:

3. beautiful 995 Fishy :cool:

4. What some people won't do just to have a couple of extra magzines laying around. :D

Hey fishy, I noticed you removed the front sight post. I thought that has a tab that fits into a grove on the sight post. Did you remove the tab or does the barrel piece you replaced it with have a similar grove for the tab to fit into?

Thanks, love how the aluminum pieces contrast with the stock.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  5. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

I have to say, I am seriously thinking of converting my 9mm w/ATI stock BACK to the 995 original. I think I much prefer the more slender feel of the 995 stock. Also, that damn grip brace section of the ATI stock is always getting in the way of how I want to hold the gun. I don't want to cut that section out because it is one of the features that make that stock look so cool, but it now seems to be more of a comfort nuisance.
    j.

6. MachoMelvin

The 2nd picture shows the barrel shroud tab fitting into the muzzle brake.

7. MachoMelvin

Getting any ideas?

8. That's what I thought but it's a bit blurry and not up close so I wasn't sure. So who makes the muzzle shroud? Iowastriker?

Longshot, you make muzzle shrouds. Is that one of yours?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  9. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

The shroud was custom made and notched by Iowatriker. Since I plan on keeping the red dot on the gun I wanted to find a way to get rid of that lower half of the front sight. I sent him a front sight and he replicated the notch. He is great to work with.

10. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

I had the gun at the range today and put roughly 100 rounds through it. All of the aftermarket pieces held up 100%.

The camo stocks are awesome. Much like the chrome models they are very unique creatures. I picked up a low power scope and will soon pick up another low profile top rail from LongShotMfg for my camo. His rails are REALLY an upgrade over the factory top rail IMO.

11. MachoMelvin

I have those on my Chrome Classic's also.

Attached Files:

12. I've got 4 guns coming in right now...I have more ideas than i know what to do with or can complete in my tiny mind. :p

13. MachoMelvin

Are you picking up the Camo Classic 995?

14. I'm probably going to

15. MachoMelvin

That would be good, so then I won't have to? I really don't need 2, do I?

16. 2 is the first step in the right direction. ;)

17. MachoMelvin

I must not forget that DOUBLES don't count!

18. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Gotta love a nice chromey, very nice!

19. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Fishy, that is one of the sexiest carbines I've seen! Good job!

20. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

Thanks. It is such a blast to shoot. The range officer that day had never seen a chrome and asked to handle it. He is strictly a pistol shooter, but I saw that "Wow" look on his face when he put it to his shoulder.