Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my new baby about 3 weeks ago from J&G sales. Sadly, I think this was one of the last in stock. It has a (of course) beautiful bore and is in great condition. I think i'll refinish it (duracoat maybe) and get some wood grips (expensive but worth it, I don't like the plastic grips much)

I get to fire this baby this weekend!
Using Brown Bear, any suggestions on ammo?

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Brown bear gave me problems, I have close to 1k rounds of Silver Bear in my 82 and they have 100% flawless, but last time I shot I only took Brown Bear, first time I've shot it, it was definitely loader hotter with much more felt recoil, so much so that several times it caused the mag to pop out, which has never happened before, and had one or two stove pipes, perhaps I just got boxes from a bad lot, but I recommend Silver Bear 100%, I've also used half a box of PPU brass and they worked perfect too, I need to get some Hornady Critical Defense FTX to carry.

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts
Brown Bear is usually fine. The only ammo my '82 wouldn't eat was some Wolf brand 109 gr. They don't make it any more so I doubt you'll find any of it unless you hunt from a private individual. It uses a truncated cone FMJ that caused it to literally jam as it entered the chamber, half way in and at an angle. You don't see that feed issue very often.

Just get whatever ammo you want. It'll work just fine.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine eats Silver Bear HP's like candy!!

You might look into some MeproLight tritium sights. They'll run you about $90 give or take but are WELL worth every penny, especially if you plan to carry the pistol.

·
Premium Member
36,045 Posts
Another big +1 to Silver bear. 100% for me as we'll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts