My first Hi Point

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Irishfanatik, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

Three weeks ago I knew very little about Hi Point firearms. Like most everyone else, I had heard a few people degrade them. My epiphany was when someone posted on a facebook group for gun owners that they were looking to buy a Hi Point carbine. I thought Hi Point only sold pistols, and according to my brother in law, horrible ones. Upon researching the carbines and seeing all of the great reviews, I started to really want one, and am picking my 9mm up tomorrow morning. If they have the 45 in stock, I will probably buy it too. I can't wait to try out this rifle for myself. Something that I find amusing is how many of the Hi Point owners seem to get a kick out of it when the 1911 guys put down Hi Points. It shows that for the money, there really is nothing like a Hi Point.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!

3. Irishfanatik

Thanks. This forum is really a great tool. I have found a lot of very useful information on here. Had a few laughs too.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

995TS was my 1st Hi Point, BUCKLE UP, your in for a RIDE?

5. Irishfanatik

Leaving the house to buy my first and in all likelihood 2nd Hi Point now. 2 guns for less than $600. I don't remember the last time I spent less than $600 on one gun. I also don't remember the last time I was this excited to buy a gun.

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

You are going to have a blast (pun intended) :D Just remember to load up the mags and let them sit to help prevent any FTF's. You will also need lots and lots of ammo as the carbines are like shooting a fun 22 semi-auto. My recommendation is to have at least 11 magazines for each carbine with 3 on the gun and 8 in pouches. That way you can prolong the magazine reloads for at least 5 to 10 minutes. ;)

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

And Ma is the best/cheapest place to get the mags. I have the buttstock mag holders. I just ordered 6 mags. It took a week, very slow for Ma!

BTW hit $100 and you get to pick a free shirt. I had a red one. This time I requested a black one. I got green :confused: green is the new black? :p BTW shipping is free.

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/products.php?cat=17

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  8. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I have both the 995ts and the 4595ts. I love em. I have never had any trouble with either of them. They eat whatever I feed em and never a hiccup.
    You made a wise choice grasshopper.

9. MachoMelvin

Wise words Kwai Chang Caine!

10. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I just took my 45 JHP out to the range for the first time last weekend. I really enjoyed it, and I guarantee that you will enjoy yours just as much.

11. ragnorak

ragnorak Member

I have the 995TS and I echo what the others have said about the carbines. Never an issue!
    I have two mags on the stock mag holder and another six in a mag holder on a belt. If I can't get it done with 60 rounds, I probably can't get it done.

12. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Welcome to the HP Monkey house, I turned my nose up at HP's for many a year then I shot my first HP Carbine and I was hooked.
    You can always pay more but you don't have to.

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum

14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Irish!
    Lot of knowledge here on pretty much everything.
    Lot of opinions too lol ;)

15. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I started with a pistol and will get the carbine to go with it, eventually. You might think about getting the pistol to go with your carbine, too. I just took my new 45 JHP to the range about a week ago, and it is a lot of fun.

16. GUN5L1NGER

GUN5L1NGER Member

TN
    My 995ts is my favorite gun! Also own a c9 which is great. Over the years I've sold so many friends and relatives on Hi Point they should put me on the payroll!

17. TommyGun

TommyGun Member

I have to say this. I won't spend $200 for a new windshield for my Harley but I had no problem dropping $300 for the 4595. It is just that much fun to shoot! I will be getting the 995 within a couple of months.

18. Popsracerx

Popsracerx Member

SE PA
    It probably won't be the last Hi-Point you'll buy. Started out with the JHP45 and now have an example in all of the handgun and carbine calibers.

19. Irishfanatik

You are right about that. I already bought a JCP and am planning on making more purchases. I want a 4595ts and would like to find a classic 995. After that I might start collecting in earnest.

20. MachoMelvin

The 995 Classic is an EASY find, look for the 995 Camo or 995 Chrome model. Then you will have a KEEPER!

Attached Files: