My first jam in my 4095TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by TeaSipper, Apr 17, 2014.

1. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

I was shooting the Win 40sw 165 100rnd pack and got a jam for the first time after hundreds of rounds shot. When I shook it out I can see why it jammed but I didn't think of keeping it and snap a pic to show y'all. The bullet was buried in the casing that only the tip was showing.

When I load the mag I look at the cartridges for anything unusual and this one probably wasn't seated tight. I hate to think that if it went in the chamber like that it'd blow up.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

So the bullet was pushed into the shell casing ?

3. forgotenpast

forgotenpast Member

sounds like the casing was oversize or the boolit was undersized, while i am glad it did not chamber for you had it done so you probably would have been alright

reloads or factory?

4. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

Yeah, the bullet was pushed in, probably up against the powder.

It was the Win 40sw 165 100rnd value pack so it's new.

5. SlappyMcNuttz

SlappyMcNuttz Member

I had the same thing happen in my sks when the magazine was inserted incorrectly. Ran the tip of the bullet into the bottom edge of the chamber (this was with the stock magazine with fmj ammo which usually feeds dead center) 2 attempts at trying to rechamber it with no success i examined it, Pushed the bullet back into the casing exactly as you described. I just had to readjust the magazine and it was fine.

Id imagine its a similar situation, something with the magazine.

6. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

It made me wonder if it's a mag issue so I took it apart and cleaned it. It was pretty dirty.

7. RobbK

RobbK Member

LOL yah know it is easy to forget the mags when the gun runs so good dirty.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Thx for Info!
    I have lots of that ammo

9. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

I've shot thousands of that Win 165 and this is the first mishap with it.

10. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

I have bad luck with Winchester ammo it jammed my Henry lever action 22 and a friends bolt action Marlin
    jammed in my 22 Sig conversion too. Found some rounds with loose bullets in the case. At least I don't have many left