1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

lklawson submitted a new Article:

My Foray Into .32 H&R

Read more about this article here...

undeRGRound likes this.
  2. histed

histed Supporting Member

Ammunition is more available in my AO, but you are totally on point with the price. Looked into this caliber myself a while back, but in the end, I, too, stuck with the .38. Good article.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I cut my teeth on .22 LR and .32 S&W revolvers. I was a fan of H&R shotguns, rifles, and revolvers. They were all I could afford. And .22 and .32 were all they chambered for unless you found an old one in .38 S&W.

IMHO the .32 is not given the credit it deserves. It is an accurate cartridge. And while I did not use it as much as the .22 (laws back in the day required .22 RF on game lands) I used it when I could.

When the .32 H&R Magnum came available i bought one. Actually 2, a R73 standard for social work and a R73 Ultra as a field pistol. I always lamented the fact that there was never a Handi Rifle made in the 32 H&R Magnum.

On my list of things I want is a .32 Federal Magnum. Just maybe Henry will come out with a single shot rifle in 32 Federal Magnum. That and a Ruger SP101 in the same chambering would make a great pair.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Just man up and have a barrel cut. Tell sweetie you prayed about it, and it just feels right.

You know I’m joking, right? Don’t do that to her.

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    So what is a .327 Magnum? I looked at that in an LGS and online a bit, seemed like a good alternative to a .357 Magnum for those smaller in stature shooters, or those wanting to just mitigate recoil, etc. Near 357 ballistics, yada-yada

Rerun likes this.
  6. undeRGRound

INDY
  7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

.327 Federal Magnum. It's exactly what it sounds like and what you said.

I wonder if the Lehigh Defense copper rounds, loaded to max in a .237 Mag, would penetrate soft armor?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

undeRGRound likes this.
  8. undeRGRound

INDY
    That was my clumsy way of saying "Is it the same as .32 Fed Mag" I take it the answer is NO. The Lehigh Copper stuff in most things I have seen definitely over-perform, and over-penetrate. I suspect it may go thru more than just the soft armor... The 10mm Lehigh in Underwood offerings was quite scary.

lklawson likes this.