My former neighbors in the news...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rachgier, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I lived next door to this apartment complex up until June of last year. This was also the sight of a few home invasions and what convinced my old lady to let me start collecting firearms again. I actually helped this guy out one night. I was coming home from work at the bar and was pulling in to my driveway and I saw him laying in his yard completely naked, beaten, bloody, and unconscious. I jumped on my portable and called in Fire/Med, LE, and EMS. Turns out he had been a victim of a home invasion, BUT he was robbed by his competition and since all the evidence had been stolen, their case fell apart. Looks like he didn't learn from the first ass-whuppin'.

The Broome County Special Investigations Unit Task Force executed a search warrant last night at an apartment located at 106 N. Page Ave. in the Village of Endicott. The following property was recovered as a result of the search warrant; a loaded .45 caliber Springfield Armory, model 1911 semi-automatic handgun, a U.S. Carbine .30 caliber rifle, 33 bags of heroin, a plastic baggie containing 7 grams of powder heroin, numerous pills of Kadian and Dolophine, methadone hydrochloride, (Schedule II controlled substances), a digital scale, various packaging materials, cutting agents and approximately $2,000.00 in U.S. currency of suspected drug proceeds. David T. Cheeseboro and Dawn L. Cheeseboro (husband and wife) were both charged in relation to this case.

The Cheeseboros were both arraigned at the Village of Endicott Court and were remanded to the Broome County Sheriff’s Correctional Facility without bail. The Broome County Special Investigations Unit Task Force was assisted on scene by the Endicott Police Department.

Arrestee: David T. Cheeseboro, 35, Endicott, NY

Charges: 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree, a class C Felony, 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree, a class D Felony, 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, a class A Misdemeanor, 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, class B Felonies, 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fourth Degree, a class C Felony, 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree, class A Misdemeanors and 3 counts of Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia in the Second Degree, class A Misdemeanors.

Arrestee: Dawn L. Cheeseboro, 35, Endicott, NY

Charges: 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree, a class C Felony, 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, class B Felonies, 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fourth Degree, a class C Felony, 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree, class A Misdemeanors and 3 counts of Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia in the Second Degree, class A Misdemeanors.

The Broome County Special Investigations Unit Task Force is comprised of members of the Broome County Sheriff’s Office, the City of Binghamton Police Department and the Village of Johnson City Police Department.

The Broome County Special Investigations Unit Task Force executed a search warrant last night at an apartment located at 106 N. Page Ave. in the Village of Endicott. The following property was recovered as a result of the search warrant; a loaded .45 caliber Springfield Armory, model 1911 semi-automatic handgun, a U.S. Carbine .30 caliber rifle, 33 bags of heroin, a plastic baggie containing 7 grams of powder heroin, numerous pills of Kadian and Dolophine, methadone hydrochloride, (Schedule II controlled substances), a digital scale, various packaging materials, cutting agents and approximately $2,000.00 in U.S. currency of suspected drug proceeds. David T. Cheeseboro and Dawn L. Cheeseboro (husband and wife) were both charged in relation to this case. The Cheeseboros were both arraigned at the Village of Endicott Court and were remanded to the Broome County Sheriff’s Correctional Facility without bail. The Broome County Special Investigations Unit Task Force was assisted on scene by the Endicott Police Department. Arrestee: David T. Cheeseboro, 35, Endicott, NY Charges: 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree, a class C Felony, 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree, a class D Felony, 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, a class A Misdemeanor, 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, class B Felonies, 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fourth Degree, a class C Felony, 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree, class A Misdemeanors and 3 counts of Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia in the Second Degree, class A Misdemeanors. Arrestee: Dawn L. Cheeseboro, 35, Endicott, NY Charges: 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree, a class C Felony, 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, class B Felonies, 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fourth Degree, a class C Felony, 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree, class A Misdemeanors and 3 counts of Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia in the Second Degree, class A Misdemeanors. The Broome County Special Investigations Unit Task Force is comprised of members of the Broome County Sheriff’s Office, the City of Binghamton Police Department and the Village of Johnson City Police Department.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Well.... Aren't you glad you moved outta that neighborhood?

3. Rachgier

Actually, I'm half tempted to ask some of the guys I know on the task force how hard it was to breach the door since the complex owner hired my buddy to install a reinforced steel security door on their apartment. I know it couldn't have been too easy, he had them install a double dead bolt, drop lock, and reinforce the framing around it.

4. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

they prolly thought 'screw it, let's use a window'!!

5. Rachgier

Kind of wish I was hanging out at the fire house so I could have watched the raid from the balcony.

6. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Cheeseboro? Really?

7. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

Musta been rough growing up.

8. I like how they use the word "recovered". Even though they didn't "recover", the confiscated.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Had a similar dumba$$ I was in apprenticeship with, he and his wife were cooking Meth. She was the one arrested (he was gone) and somehow managed to take ALL the blame for herself, they had a daughter and she wanted he to at least have a dad, I guess... so my [email protected]$$ "buddy" keeps the "family business" going.

Well, it seems he left a burner on and something was over cooked, or gassed off, or whatever meth does, and "Ralphie" (as we'll call him, for this story) remembered just in time to head back to the outbuilding to shut it off. Actually, he was just too late, and as he was with maybe 20-30 of the shed, it exploded and left him with mostly 3rd degree burns on his whole front. His hands were nearly burnt off, but needed amputated. He was conscious, and refused treatment. They told him he would die if they did not take his hands, but he kept shaking his head "NO" repeatedly, and he did die.

Some NEVER Learn, until it kills them. His wife may get out someday, but the daughter, will she want to see her? Some kids blame the parents, and in this case, it was their own fault, 100%... sad story :(

10. Tyche

Tyche Member

Hmmm. I used to live across the river from Endicott, in Vestal, New York. Left in 1959, when I was 14. Family moved to Schenectady. Only excitement we had was the Apalachin convention, November 14, 1957. http://www.greaterowego.com/communitypress/1997/11-97/MAFIA.htm That was just a few miles down the road from Vestal, to the west.

11. Rachgier

The Apalachin Firemen's Field Days still happens down there. I'm actually taking Mad Max, our brush truck, down there along with the new engine for the parade on Saturday evening. We actually won two awards last year with the new engine; taking home Best in Show and Best Modern Apparatus.

EDIT: Only Mafia they have seen in a while around here was when they came to Broome County to film a few episodes of The Sopranos. lol

12. We had guy tempin at our shop. Even though he was felon he seemed like a real honest good dude. I used to give him a hard time and he'd laugh it off. Unlike many fresh out of jail types he didnt seem to have a pride issue or chip on his shoulder. Never saw a mean streak in 3 months.

Then i came home one night and saw his picture on the news. Robbed a subway, got physical with the girl working behind the counter. I honestly never saw that coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

13. I have a brother who is unfortunately hooked on that $h!t ! He was in prison for non payment of child support and got lung cancer and they left him out for treatment , I took him in and nursed him back to health for almost 2 years , he is an excellent carpenter /cabinet / furniture maker and I set him up in my garage with all the tools to do so !

THEN his buddies started coming around and when i would walk into the garage it seemed like they were all taking inventory on my stuff ! One day I walked in and found them passing a glass pipe around , I blew up and threw them all , including my brother out ! My deceased grandmothers house sits vacant next door to me and my brother moved into her old garage and lived there for 2 years until he and his friends got arrested for making that stuff over there !! Like I didnt see that coming !!

He is back in prison and living large there making furniture for the warden and the guards !! I think he likes it there !! NO responsibilities !!

So here I am facing Brain surgery and my brother out of all the decent people in the world not only beat an extremely SEVERE case of lung cancer but is thriving in his environment !!