Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the good fortune to pick up some pretty nice bags in the past year. Helikon-Tex, L.L.Bean, Hidden Woodsmen. But one of my favorite bags is still the old Outdoor Products Quest that I picked up at Walmart a while back. If memory serves, I paid $20 for it.

My old standby green medium ALICE pack had finally given up the ghost after many years and needed replacing. I bought the Quest because: 1, it was cheap, and 2, I needed a bag. It was my first departure from mildurp and I just needed something until I found another ALICE pack. I didn't expect it to last long.

But last it did, and while the fabric has limbered up a bit through use, it is still a very solid bag. Double and triple stitched, appears to be about 500D or 600D nylon with a water resistant backing.

I have added a few pouches to it, and filled it with cheap gear, and it just keeps on going. And going. And going. It lives in my truck ready to assist if I just need a power nap, or want to enjoy a night of cat fishing, or actually need to walk home. The entire kit costs less than what it would cost just to replace my Hidden Woodsman bag alone. It is proof that you do not have to spend a ton of money to be prepared.

Is it the bag I would grab if the end of the world happened? No, that honor goes to the large ALICE pack, but I definitely would not feel lost and helpless if all I had was the Quest bag.

Could it be better? Yes, fix it to accept lashing straps on the bottom and the bag would be just about perfect!
Camouflage Luggage and bags Military camouflage Helmet Bag

Reactions: ichthyo

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
We have range bags, 3 small Alice packs along with 3 large civilian back packs on frames. I need to get a few camel back type hydration systems, we have 3 or 4 canteens.

Reactions: ichthyo and Rerun

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How quick things change. I no longer own that bag. Replaced by the Helikon Tex EDC backpack. My daughter still has the Outdoor Products Quest.

I would recommend the Outdoor zproducts Quest to anyone wanting a very good day pack, EDC, or get home bag. I was just in my local Walmart yesterday and they had them in stock for $25.

'The Helikon Tex is a worthy upgrade. It's twice the price of the Quest, but it is a heavier duty cordura instead of just plain nylon, and has YKK zippers. The bag is very much like the Quest, which I think is a testament of how much I liked my old bag.

I am looking forward to running the Helikon Tex EDC backpack through its paces. And my daughter is well taken care of with the Outdoor Products Quest. She is getting her first car soon. Here is hoping she never has to use the new to her bag....unless of course she does a cat fishing overnighter with me!

The Helikon Tex EDC Backpack.
Brown Sleeve Luggage and bags Khaki Beige

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.