Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to show off my girls. Black one with the red dot is my 995. The sandy one with irons is my 4095.

What do ya think?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Nice looking pair you got there. How do you like your 40 compared to the 9. I been thinking of investing in a nice 4095.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I have spent a lot more range time with my 995, shooting paper and plinking. So far, I've only put a box or two through the 40. I haven't noticed any big accuracy difference, just a little louder "gong" when shooting hanging metal plates with the 40.

My guess is that there will be some accuracy difference noticed when I get a chance to test them both side-by-side at 50 and 100 yards, on paper. Just my opinion at this point, not proven.

Other than that, the 40 has last-shot bolt hold open and I think the mags are better because they have the plastic orange follower and the base plate that you can grab a little easier.

Overall, both great carbines for the money!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
SWEET, nice looking.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Are those stock? I don't know actually seeing the new one in another thread and looking at these..I like yours better. I think I will definitely get a "classic" if I pick up an HP carbine.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I like that stock on your .40S&W. You did paint it, right? :brow: If so, what kind and color is the paint?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I painted the 4095 with Krylon Fusion, Khaki.

I also painted my 995, even though it was already black. I think the finish looks better with a coat of Krylon Fusion black.

As for mods... both have the HP compensators. I drilled out the factory sling swivels so I could use "real" sling swivels. Also, I slightly modified the 995 by removing the factory hand guard and replacing it with the handguard from an ATI stock- five minute job.

Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Well crap, I didn't even notice your ati hand guard on there. :brow: Guess my eyes are going. :-[

·
Registered
101 Posts
They look good, bro. I cant decide on a paint scheme/ color. Where I'm at in Texas I could use tan for the drought months, camo/ woodlands for small game, or black for the night time crackheads. Hell, guess I just need to get 2 more carbines. LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never went for the colored gun stocks before. I gave my buddy hell when he bought an AR with RealTree camo! On ARs, I think it's black or nothing- I guess I'm a traditional kind of guy. I see them as military-style weapons.

But on my Hi-Points, it seemed OK. I was thinking of all the quick color change skins they make for the XM-8 rifle. I've seen the XM-8 in tan, black, gray and olive. I almost painted the 995 gray but could only find light gray in the Krylon Fusion.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Nice work, Big Hog. I have been thinking of doing that exact same thing to my 4095.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks.

I was thinking of making the 4095 some kind of camo but when I hold it, I think it just looks right the way it is.

I used no sealer, primer or anything. The Fusion is great stuff- so long as you use it as indicated on clean plastic, it covers great and is very chip resistant. The finish on the Khaki I used was satin, although it looks pretty shiny in these pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.