Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
I've never actually actually had to adjust any feed lips by bending on my HP factory mags but did do some sanding/polishing on the underside of the feed lips on some Promag 15rders as ajole describes above to get them to feed. Ditto on the above comments on steel case ammo. Brass case ammo with it's slicker cases seems to work better,esp at first.

I went to the Range the first time with my new High Point 9mm, I didn't even get through the while magazine, and my gun Jammed, I went through about 50 rounds and my gun jammed a couple of times.. Apparently there is truth to the Gun Jamming issue with highpoints.. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Or should I be looking for a new gun in the near future?
I understand what you are going through I also have a high point c9 and it jams however I found out that if you take time and polish your loading ramp this is one thing that will help! Also tonight I slightly altered my magazine I noticed that the inside of the magazine was somewhat flat so I put a little more angle on the back side of the magazine which makes the round point a little more upward!
This helps a lot!

I understand what you are going through I also have a high point c9 and it jams however I found out that if you take time and polish your loading ramp this is one thing that will help! Also tonight I slightly altered my magazine I noticed that the inside of the magazine was somewhat flat so I put a little more angle on the back side of the magazine which makes the round point a little more upward!
This helps a lot!
Check the dates. He hasn't been on since 2013. Fun facts polishing the feed ramp rarely helps the ramp is rarely the issues. You can however wreck the feed ramp easily. On the C9 its almost always the magazine. Always. There are numerous posts on the proper fit for the magazines.

Ok, so nobody has stated the obvious. You got a lemon. It'll never work right. Sell it to me for $100 and I'll see what I can do with it.

• Wow
Reactions: Rerun
Ok, so nobody has stated the obvious. You got a lemon. It'll never work right. Sell it to me for $100 and I'll see what I can do with it.
Thats to much for a used working C9. Offer $50.

Thats to much for a used working C9. Offer $50.
Yeah, what MoonieZ said...

I gave 60 for a good running used gray frame CF380
still too much LOL

I'd still give him $100. I'm a generous fella. Besides, I think with A LOT of work and MANY HOURS of intensive gunsmithing I think I could get it running smoove. :cool:

I'd still give him $100. I'm a generous fella. Besides, I think with A LOT of work and MANY HOURS of intensive gunsmithing I think I could get it running smoove. :cool:
You sir are a kind and caring person

Try these: 1. Load all your mags to capacity and let sit for week or two. 2. Check forum stickies and adjust feed lips of magazines. 3. Have a firm grip. Limp wrist will cause it to jam (a lot of polymer guns, not just Hi-Points). Look on YouTube for videos.
Check your mag to see if the end is bent, that will cause it to jam it happen to me couple of times until i bought a new one,

Check your mag to see if the end is bent, that will cause it to jam it happen to me couple of times until i bought a new one,
He hasn't been on here since 2014

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.