Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good video review....but you make me nervous leaving a loaded mag just for "ascetics". Pop the mag and dont worry about how the gun looks. Especially since you were pointing it at your self during the video.

·
9mm Carbine User
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was good thanks i had the safety on the whole time no big deal but thanks anyways

·
9mm Carbine User
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the weapon was check and checked again before even making the video

·
Registered
187 Posts
I understand what you are saying king. And i know its just me...nothing against you....it just goes against how i was raised to handle a firearm. Treat it like its loaded means dont point it at anyone (especially myself). And if I am showing it to someone or handleing it myself i defiantly dont leave a loaded mag in the thing. Like I said its all me and nothing against you.

Thanks again for shareing a good video though! :thankyou:

·
Polymer Extrusionist
2,383 Posts
Good review, its good for vermin hunting also. Instead of paying to go to a range I just put up an add about vermin hunting for farmers for free. Some land-owners property are swarmed with creatures of the night.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I see nothing wrong with leaving a loaded mag. I don't own a gun that the mag is not loaded. All mine outside of the safe have one in the chamber also. A gun can not go off without a round in the chamber, end of subject. No more dangerous than walking out of a store with a bag full of ammo in boxes.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I see nothing wrong with leaving a loaded mag. I don't own a gun that the mag is not loaded. All mine outside of the safe have one in the chamber also. A gun can not go off without a round in the chamber, end of subject. No more dangerous than walking out of a store with a bag full of ammo in boxes.
I carry with one in the chamber as well... but I still dont fling my gun to-and-fro with a loaded mag. Accidents happen.

It's just the way that I was brought up and taught to treat weapons... if you're not prepared to fire, loaded mag isn't necessary.

·
9mm Carbine User
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Again thanks everyone for the tips but lets not start some kind of safety war here its my life and my firearm I know it was safe to handle and I know how to handle weapons end of story

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Again thanks everyone for the tips but lets not start some kind of safety war here its my life and my firearm I know it was safe to handle and I know how to handle weapons end of story
I just heard about a FFL (this guys been selling guns for 50 years) I know just had a discharge when he pulled the trigger on a "checked" gun and for whatever reason there was still a round it it. People make mistakes. Period.

Sometimes "the best safety is located between your ears" screws up.

You made a video, you wanted us to see it. You pointed a firearm at youself in order to show us the recoil absorbing buttstock. You could have easily shown that without pointing the rifle at youself.

Then, at the end, you said to "Always treat every firearm as if it is loaded." So I can take from that statement that you have no problem pointing loaded firearms at youself.

You handled a firearm in an unsafe manner.

That is the "end of the story."

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have to agree on this one. I saw a video of a guy (long time gun owner and knew what he was doing around them) doing the same thing you did and he forgot for just that split second and racked it to show how the slide was all nice and smooth. He then pulled the trigger and discharged it (into the floor at least). Or there is the famous video of the DEA agent we all can laugh at....his words in the beginning of the video sound alot like yours.

I just heard about a FFL (this guys been selling guns for 50 years) I know just had a discharge when he pulled the trigger on a "checked" gun and for whatever reason there was still a round it it. People make mistakes. Period.

Sometimes "the best safety is located between your ears" screws up.

You made a video, you wanted us to see it. You pointed a firearm at youself in order to show us the recoil absorbing buttstock. You could have easily shown that without pointing the rifle at youself.

Then, at the end, you said to "Always treat every firearm as if it is loaded." So I can take from that statement that you have no problem pointing loaded firearms at youself.

You handled a firearm in an unsafe manner.

That is the "end of the story."

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I carry with one in the chamber as well... but I still dont fling my gun to-and-fro with a loaded mag. Accidents happen.

It's just the way that I was brought up and taught to treat weapons... if you're not prepared to fire, loaded mag isn't necessary.
I am always prepared to fire, I don't see the point in having a gun that is not ready to fire. Just as soon have a stick.

·
Polymer Extrusionist
2,383 Posts
I think its funny how people that do not make videos take it upon themselves to be critics...lets see one of their videos.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts