Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some photo of my HP 40S&W where I sanded down the strip on the slide. Then I taped it up and hit it with some clear engine enamel to protect the exposed metal. I also added Butler Creek Grips to it...

I don't have it anymore as I have since sold it…

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ok.......... enough.

that is too cool. After my 995 build, that ones next. I know you published your instructions and how you did it. BUT, guess what, our forum went BAMMMM! so I can't find them! :lol:

Can I ask for a repost please? :roll:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Man that looks awesome. I might have to do something like that on my C9

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was fairly easy to do.

I just started with 3M medium Aluminum oxide sandpaper then moved down to the 3M Aluminum oxide Fine to finish with. One thing I learned to do was to mask it with Blue Painters Tape. You don’t want to accidentally mess up the paint on the rest of the slide when sanding.

Once I had it sanded to where I wanted it. I removed the tape to inspect it and wipe it down. Then I masked the whole pistol in Blue Painters Tape except for the raised sanded section on the slide. Then I hit it with a few light coats of Dupli-Color Clear Engine Enamel to give it a protective covering. Once that side dried, I masked off the other side of the pistol and did the same...

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of doing this so my JHP will match my Cf-380.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
You sold it???? BUMMER!!!!!! :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been toying with the idea of doing this so my JHP will match my Cf-380.
Its an easy mod to do, so I say go for it. Just post some pics of it when you do!

I had thought about polishing mine to a mirror shine prior to putting the clear coat on. I just didn't want to spend the $15 on the polishing Dremel kit. So I just left it with a brushed metal look and cleared that.

Actually I sold all of my HP Pistols. The 40, C9 and C9-Comp. As much as I tried to like them. I just didn't like how they felt when firing them. It was like I could feel that heavy slide slinging back and forth. It got to where I never took them out anymore, so I just go rid of em.

However, I still have and love my 995 and will never part with it. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Thats understandable, if you do not like something, there is no sense in keeping it. I hope you found good homes for them :wink:

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Even if it's a safe queen, keep those guns! You never know when you'll need an extra laying around for a BUG.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just doing a little weeding. Have to keep the collection under control. To get new stuff anymore, something else has to go...

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Not in my house!!! My wife actually asked me if I was ever gonna sell any of my guns..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

AH....... NO!

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Not in my house!!! My wife actually asked me if I was ever gonna sell any of my guns..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

AH....... NO!
If my wife asked me that, I would suspect drug use. You might needto send her to the doctor and find out whats wrong with her.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts