Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well how do you tell the age of these, as I see the new ones have differant grip panels and floor plates on the mags. Here is a thumbnail pic of mine and as you can see my floor plate and mag release is differant.

click on the pic to enlarge

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Yours is an older model with the metal frame and mag release at the bottom of the grip

Call Hi Point with the serial number and they will be able to tell you what year it was made in.

Nice pistol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
waltham41

Thanks for the reply, now will the mags with the extended floor plate fit the frame I have?

I have not seen the base of the grip on the JHP models so is the magazine release any differant like shown on my JH .45?

I would like to purchase a couple more magazines for this.... it could be fun shooting ya know :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hobo

I printed off 3 of those smiley targets... this will be fun. I used to carry Glocks both on and off duty as an LEO, and the last county I worked for we actually had the HP 9mm carbine on duty, as the county was very poor and we had to provide a differant level for an enterance carbin other than a Mini 14 that was the standard patrol rifle.

The nice thing about getting this JH .45 is that I had been thinking about getting another handgun in .45 ACP, so I'm glad to give this one a workout. I feel it is a bit heavy to carry concealed though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are those grips slimmer than the new ones? looks like it might fit better in my hand than the new ones.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
How many rds does your mag hold? The .45 mags with the extension on the bottom holds 9 and most people hate they way it makes the pistol look (doesnt bother me)

Neat to hear of law enforcement using the 9mm carbines. I dont see a thing wrong with them myself.

We had another member that was a LEO and bought one to try to get his commander interested in using them in his unit (I think same things as you, tight budget), but he changed it over to a ATI stock, which sometimes results in problems.

It did in his case, and of course once his commander saw problems, he lost all confidence in the weapon and would not consider the weapon even if it had been changed back over to the factory stock and worked fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well got out while shooting gophers today, and shot the JH 45 and run a few rounds thru it. I figured out why my brother in law didn't like it as the screw holding one of the grip panels is stripped and will not tighten. Well I found an easy fix using a monkey bike innertube cut to fit and stretch it over the grip. Now it also gives a little more grip than slide on smooth grips.

I found the JH 45 to shoot POA and easy to control.

It's a keeper.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
That stripped hole would be pretty easy to fix with something like JB weld or something similar

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Well how do you tell the age of these
I have this one, and wrote to Haskell several weeks ago with the serial number in the hopes of dating it. I'll post as soon as I hear from them, but you will need different mags as others have said and, if my experience is any guide, you'll love it. Mine shoots great with only a gentle nudge as recoil. (But at 52 oz. fully loaded, what did you expect?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts