Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife told me today that with our stimulus check ($2400) I can get the 40 cabrine that I have been whine and begging for. I told her it was important for me to put some of the money back in to the economy by supporting an American made product. I'll let you know when I get it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congrats! We need pics, pics & more pics. Oh, did I mention that we need pics?

Gary

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
They may as well just call the Economic Stimulus check the "Stock up on guns before Hillary/Obama takes them away" check. I'm looking to get a Kel-Tec PF-9 and/or an Arcus 94C with mine.

G

·
Is it bad that the majority of us think alike?
No! We the gun owners are the only sane ones left in this damned country. What is funny is if SHTF who are people going to be looking at for help? The people with guns!

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe I could talk her into some ammo too. got to test fire it.

G

·
Wife told me today that with our stimulus check ($2400) I can get the 40 cabrine that I have been whine and begging for. I told her it was important for me to put some of the money back in to the economy by supporting an American made product. I'll let you know when I get it.
$2400.00? I thought it was $600.00 per person.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm only getting $600 so that Colt AR-15 is out of the question, but I've made three trips to Academy and I end up fondling a Taurus 24/7 Pro in 9mm, two 17 rd mags and it feels so good in my hand. Only $350 so I'll have some left over for a few steak dinners.It will become my field sidearm to go along with my ATI'd 995 when I go to the National Forest.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got a bunch of kids and its about time I get more then just a little work out of them. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Kids are all grown and gone for years, same with the ex, so my $600 has been earmarked for fuel and grocery costs for the next few months. No point in adding to the gun safe if I can't afford the fuel to travel to the range and ammo to shoot what I already have - :wink:

For me it all came down to "do I want to be able to go fishing in Wisconsin with my kids for a week sometime this summer", or do I want to get another toy. Fishing won. :)

I fully expect to see $5 a gallon pump prices before 2009 starts.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
You know, a few months ago, when I heard Hugo Chavez was all paranoid abut how the US was planning an invasion and was going to invade Venezuela any day now, I thought he was just being a nut. Then I saw a report on CNN that gas was 12 cents a gallon down there, and I thought, hell, what are we waiting for?

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
You know, a few months ago, when I heard Hugo Chavez was all paranoid abut how the US was planning an invasion and was going to invade Venezuela any day now, I thought he was just being a nut. Then I saw a report on CNN that gas was 12 cents a gallon down there, and I thought, hell, what are we waiting for?
Actually I think the country of Spain has dibs on that invasion. They've got a FAR bigger bone to pick with them (They've been seizing Spanish owned buisnesses and land down there, and pretty much told their king to play in traffic).

BUT....

Congrats on the .40 purchase! I've been curious on how those handle in comparison to the 995 and if there really is any noticeable performance increase. Then again, my gun purchasing has been curtailed as of late due to the lousy economy. Bleh.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will let you know how it shoots compared to the 995 when it gets here. For some reason those have to be ordered due to the fact its hard to keep them instock. I honestly didn't think there were that many ppl buying them around here.

G

·
Congrats on the .40. Plan here is for a case cleaner and a chrnograph. I reload and would like preatty casses. Also would like to know how my loads are doing. I'd love to compare shots from my C9 & 995.
However I have a high number ;^( so I don't expect to see my check untill July. <Waaaa!>

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Congrats on the .40 purchase! I've been curious on how those handle in comparison to the 995 and if there really is any noticeable performance increase. .
Actually there is a difference as far as power, and it does have the LRBHO feature.

Ammo costs more, but if you can handle that I suggest the 4095

They handle the same, only 1 inch longer, and of course has the .40 cal 10 rd mag.

I use 180 gr FMJ in mine and am very pleased with it.

Thats only 50gr lighter than the 230 gr .45 rd.

·
Registered
927 Posts
You know, a few months ago, when I heard Hugo Chavez was all paranoid abut how the US was planning an invasion and was going to invade Venezuela any day now, I thought he was just being a nut. Then I saw a report on CNN that gas was 12 cents a gallon [/size]down there, and I thought, hell, what are we waiting for?
hmm......... starts packing guns and ammo....road trip!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts