My kids hated me tonight

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rachgier, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I had dinner going, house smelled awesome, kids complaining that they were starving. I told them to gear up; hats, coats, gloves, boots. I saw a single confused look echoed across 6 faces. I simply said, "If you boys plan on eating tonight, you're gonna earn it." Ushered them all out to the driveway where they were met with this....

[​IMG]

It's all neatly stacked in the shed and on my side porch. At least they didn't go to bed hungry.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Old-Skool.......I like that

* chuckle *

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nice!!!!.......

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Good old work never killed them did it :-D

5. Rachgier

If you listen to them tell it, they came damn close. I'm pretty sure the neighbors thought I was mushing dogs though.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Look at all that fire starter. Why you cutting all your wood down to kindling size?:confused:

Unless you have one of those old cooking stoves with the small doors, then I'll give you a break. I remember my Grandma's stove...we cut short and thin for that, we'd have had to split yours some more, for her.;)

7. Rachgier

I've got a smaller wood stove in the basement and a fireplace on the first floor. It's just easier to have it all split to fit the woodstove.

8. Bull

And more entertaining for you!

9. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Unfortunately, I'm the only option for doing the firewood duties around here. Falling, bucking, splitting and stacking....

At least I get warmed up several times with all the different steps!

10. Bull

You need to advertise it as lumberjack crossfit, and charge idiots to do all for you! You'd get rich! You could be the next Richard Simmons!....

11. Rachgier

I've got a 15 y/o just itching for summer work and bigger muscles. I'll ship him to you for a while this summer. lol

12. Bull

But you'll break him with the grocery bill.

13. Rachgier

I don't know. He's been here with us for a few years now. He's pretty well trained. I'm training him in the ways of the bachelor. And not the kind that has a different chick for each chore either. When we got the kid he could barely tie his shoes without a tutor and a 4-hour study session.

14. Bull

So you've instructed him in the dark arts of Top Ramen, and Banquet pot pies?

15. Rachgier

He hates ramen. Pot pies and nukervated burritos.

16. Bull

He will learn...... I remember post divorce, construction work out of town, I could eat for a full week on 20$ or less..... Heck, didn't have a choice..... Pot pies for dinners, cheapest baloney, cheese, bread I could find for lunches..... Ahhhhhh, what fond memories!...

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Glad I was not drinking milk or something, it would have been all over the screen and keyboard! Through my Nose! :D

Good Story, Rach! "Mushing Dogs" :D

18. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

They got off easy. You already had it split for them!

19. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Ya got to love child slave labor. :D

20. Grant

Grant Member

Woodcutting is great excercise.