Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished replacing the floor in the main bathroom. It was all rotted and had four seperate layers on it, concrete, tile, then wood paneling then linoleum. It was hell breaking out and replacing the joists took a couple weeks (did it whenever I could con a friend into acting as an extra pair of hands). But now she's done. Take a gander. Mind you, I did all of this without disturbing the new plumbing I put in the first week I bought the house. Not to bad for someone with no professional training. My contractor friend tells it looks as good as any job he would have done. And for about $3500 less.

This was midway

And these are the three piles of crap I have in my basement from the teardown.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
You did a damn good job man. As a business owner for 12 years, you did as good a job as I could have done.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Well done!!! Sucking it up and diving head first into renovation projects like that can be nerve-racking, but the results are far more worth it! I just shudder to think about the moisture and insect conditions you folks on the East Coast have to deal with. That must make any kind of lumber or masonry work a pain!

My suggestion for the new flooring: Moisture-treated Bamboo. It looks, feels and sounds great, it's inexpensive and it's a fast-growing renewable resource and takes to moisture proofing very well! Nothing says class like wood flooring in a bathroom done right!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts