Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gunshow today-- and besides picking up some .410 #4 buck and a box of Aguila .45 ACP, the show sucked...

I did head over to Academy while my wife was gettting her hair "did" - -and I picked up this one--

It is a Taurus PT111 Millennium (not a Pro). It is the Academy "Black Friday Special"-- for $279. It is essentially a Gen 1 Millenium with the thicker frame and a gen 3 (?) slide. It is a hybrid made by Taurus last summer for Academy only-- anyway-- I bought my wife a pink MilPro last year (08) for Valentines day; I love hers, but the pink is -- well pink. This one will let me retire my Bersa....

The only thing that sucks is that on black friday, these were $229-- 8*( but $279 is good anyday on these. I got this, 2 boxes of Blazer aluminum 9mm, 2 boxes of boxes of 7.62X39 Monarch, and a pistol case...all in all, a good day.

BTW F Gunshows.... :D

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Sweet looking gun!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
got a friend bought 2 of these on black friday and one already broke sent it back and it has been gone for over a month now he is still waiting on it to come back.
tommy

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got a friend bought 2 of these on black friday and one already broke sent it back and it has been gone for over a month now he is still waiting on it to come back.
tommy
Wierd-- My wife dropped he MilPro and fuggled up the sights. We sent it off and it was back in about 2 weeks-- and it still shoots great (although with new sights).

I have fired almost 600 rounds in a little over a week through mine. I expected some fte/ftf, but so far no issues..I mean zero--nada-- nil. Don't know if I got lucky or what, even my HPs had a couple of minor issue in the break in. This one though shoots great. I like to fire at least 500 through a pistol (with no issues) before I conceal carry it--

This one rode on my hip starting saturday (this past one)...

·
Registered
127 Posts
A friend of mine bought one for CC too, the now discontinued and difficult to find titanium slide version. Firing pin sheared off after about 250 rounds and it took over a month to get it serviced. It never did shoot to point of aim either, always way low of the sights, and no amount of adjusting could help it. It also had the worst DAO trigger pull I've ever felt on a pistol, as heavy and long as a kel-tec, but with no consistent breaking point.

The only good thing I can think of to say about that series is that it's unlikely one will ever go off accidentally. If you got one you like, fantastic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts