My long guns.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by stremph, Dec 31, 2007.

1. stremph

stremph Guest

[​IMG]

Top to bottom:

1. Glenfield/Marlin 60
    2. Mossberg 500 20-gauge (recently Duracoated in German olive gray and ACU gray green)
    3. 995 w/ATI stock, BSA holosight, Rockmount bipod, and thkrnel's barrel shroud.
    4. AR-15 (Model 1 kit on a DPMS lower)
    5. Winchester 1892 in .32-20. This was my father-in-law's grandfather's rifle, he just gave it to me this past Friday.

2. Nice group of long'uns. You've got most needs covered. It's a group that will take care of all your needs in North America. :)

3. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

Nice collection. I especially like the coloring of your 995. Looks real Goood!!!!

4. Very nice collection!

5. Nice set of guns.

6. Nice set of long guns stremph! I like that 995 as well.

7. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

Why have your weapons colored so bright though? it gives you away more easilly :p but you also get noticed easier.

I wouldn't mind duracoating my 995 with an ACU pattern...

8. stremph

stremph Guest

Ha! Yeah, I'm just not all caught up in the "evil black gun" thing. The shotgun isn't so much "bright" as it is light. The finish is pretty dull and non-reflective, actually. The factory bluing was a bit glossy.

ACU would look good on the 995 - I liked the look of ATI's ACU stock, but hated how the black receiver cover broke it up. Duracoating is a much better way of doing it and covering the entire weapon.

9. those are really cool, I don't really like the gray one tho.

10. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

that shotgun looks really weird in the grey. Not sure if I really like it... or really hate it. Certainly is original though.

11. Ari

Ari Guest

Those work for me

12. stremph

stremph Guest

Pretty much how I feel about it - it's weird and I can't make up my mind about it either.

There's something almost un-gun-like about it in photos, but when I handle it, I like the look of it.

I'm doing the receiver and barrel of the Glenfield/Marlin next, but this time I'm going for something a little more conventional like Colt Gray or Snow Gray - I think either color would look good with the black stain on the stock.