My mod 1022

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by SURVIVALBUD, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Here is a picture of my ruger 1022 mod takedown..
    I love the look and it feels good in my hands..:cool:
    The stock is from tac star, with a foreward grip and muzzle brake..:D
    With a Swiss Arms compact scope 5x42E.
    the stock holds two more mags in the butt piece.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have never owned a 10/22 Ruger, maybe someday?

Attached Files:

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Well if we are showing off our bunny blaster 10/22's here is the TZBB (Tactical Zombie Bunny Blaster). Started life as an SS Tactical and morphed into it's zombie bunny blasting configuration.

ATI adjustable folding stock, Sight Mark Z series reflex, Magpul sling, and a bunch of BX-25 mags. I can keep it around 2 inches at 50 yds so it will meet my zombie bunny blasting needs. For more precise zombie bunny blasting I break out the American rim fires in 22 and 22 mag.

Attached Files:

4. Cool Bunny Blaster...
    THE RABBITS ARE MAKING A RUN FOR IT...:cool:

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Nice Setup, Bud!

The AFG would look great on there, IMO

(angled foregrip) ;)

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well, it's not tactical but the state of new suck classifies it as an assault rifle....

Attached Files:

7. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

When reading the description before seeing the pics - I was expecting it to be zombie green! :p

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

Why not. Heres 2 of my Rugers.

Attached Files:

9. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I have the 10-22 takedown model also. Anyone but me have accuracy issues after sighting it in, taking it down, then reassembling it?

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Accuracy issues in general, not related to take down, plus function issues, and the trigger sucks. If it were a normal 10/22, I'd take it back and demand a refund.:rolleyes:

But it's not broken in yet, I'll put a few more rounds through it and see how it goes. I also got the BX trigger to throw in it, still need to see if that makes things better.

The ATI with Tech Sights 10/22

[​IMG]

The RBI

[​IMG]

Also have a normal wood stocked carbine and the Take Down.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  11. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I'm taking the scope off also. Total waste of time on a TD model. Mine has 200 rnds thru it. Very disappointing

12. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i keep wanting to buy a 1022 18 inch barrel model and put it in the zk22 bullpup stock but i can't spend almost $600 on a 22.

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If I were dropping almost $600 on a .22, it would be the CZ FS 452 or 455.

[​IMG]

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

Guess i got "bad" ones. All 4 of mine are deadly accurate.

15. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have a $550 22LR. It is one of my most favorite guns!

Attached Files:

16. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i got a nice deal on a s&w 15/22 and its a lot more fun than it should be. I bought one of those before i bought an almost ar M&P 15 sport. both are nice rifles.

17. If you had $200ish what would you buy? $200 being it, no plans for triggers, stocks, sights etc.

What would you see as the best buy all around. semi and or bolt.

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

On the 10/22 if you polish the bolt it will run a lot smoother. Hell if people would just clean it before they shoot it. Most of the function issues would not happen. People bring them to me all the time. This gun sucks it won't fire. I take it apart and have to clean off the grease from the bolt and trigger mechanism. Throw in a quick polish and $100 to me :-D

19. bersa2

bersa2 Member

[​IMG]
    10-22 VLEH - I have a lot of fun with this one

20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Oh, they are "deadly" accurate. Just not target group accurate.
    Some of us just want a little bit more than "good enough".:p

Semi guns: in order...

The Marlin Model 60 is a good buy, good accurate gun. The 795 is the same gun, box mag fed.
    The Savage 64 is good, accurate, but not built as well, IMHO.
    My son's Mossberg Plinkster was $107...it's every bit as accurate as my 10/22's, light, easy to point...but the trigger is still gritty, and the mag follower is the LRHO. So you have to decide what you value more, and what that's worth.

If you are willing to take the chances, and can find one the collectors aren't chasing, a Mossberg 151, a Remington 550, or a Savage 87a or its dep't store clones are usually very good.

Bolt guns:

Marlin XT 22. Tube or box mag fed models. Accurate and good prices.

Savage Mark II in the base model. Again, not quite as solidly built as the Marlin, but very accurate.

But my personal favorite would be any of these... an older Marlin 25n, 781 or 881, or a Mossberg 142, or a 46, or...harder to find, a Remington 510, 512, or 514. Those models aren't as respected as the "better" Remington's. Sometimes they are closer to $100 than $200.

The Mossberg 46 is a man sized long barreled tube mag rifle, and will outlast your grandkids. Dust shield on the bolt, peep sights AND barrel top sights, multiple post hooded front sight...they are great guns. Hard to find under $200 any more, but worth it.

There are many at the $250 mark, like the Ruger American...but I'm not sure they are $50-$100 better in most ways.

Here's a pic of 4 Mossy 46b's in various states of finish and aging.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015