my mosin (dial up warning)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by pills, Dec 2, 2007.

1. pills

pills Guest

picked up this mosin for a song the other day. Don't know much about it so I will let the pics do the talking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. If the bore looks as good as the stock and exterior metal does you have a nice M44 there. Wait till you touch here off then you will know a bit more about her. :)

3. Do you know if the headspace has been checked on it? Its always best to get it checked on these older rifles for safetys sake.

Nice looking weapon!

4. pills

pills Guest

the bore is like looking in a mirror. I bought it off of someone I trust who unfortunately needed some $$. I told him I might have to sell it if he doesnt come back in a week or two and he said that was fine.

It came with 60 rounds of ammo. It is corrosive so I will probably not shoot it unless I am gonna keep it. Is kinda cool with the bayonet though.

Just for info this is C&R eligible correct?

5. If you decide to sell it, PM me as I might be intrested. Gun looks awsome

6. Your pictures say, "Hey, look at me! I'm a beautiful and deadly piece of history and I got a owner that loves me!"

Take care of her, bud. 8) :) 8)

7. Idotusa

Idotusa Member

Mosin-Nagants are like Pokemons you have to collect them all. I do not know how many variations of the Mosin-Nagants there are but there are a bunch of them.

8. pills,

M44's in orginal form (like yours) are C&R's.

9. Beautiful Mosin Pills, you should keep that fine looking lady....

10. pills

pills Guest

Appreciate it but it may have already be sold. If I price something to someone I will follow through. I will have to find someone local for the ammo since it is outrageous to ship ORD.

11. I wish I could still shoot the Mil Surps because I love Mosins, especially the M38's and the super compact M44's.

12. Idotusa

Idotusa Member

I do not understand why posters keep saying this. I have ordered a lot of ammo and have never paid any thing other the standard shipping. Has something changed recently?

13. pills

pills Guest

You can't ship ammo with USPS. Also I don't think any carrier will let you ship ammo and guns together.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/shipping.htm

From the DOT
    Here is some more free info for you from Gunbroker

Combine that with the DOT rules and it is too much of a hassle...

14. Z28Driver

Z28Driver Member

Very nice looking weapon.

:D