Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home with my new HP .40 with 2 mags and a box of Winchester 180 grain FMJ !
I bought it from a friend for $180 !

I have 3 questions ya'll

How did I do on the purchase price/value ?

Whats the best target Ammo for it ?

Best hollow point ammo ?

Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
I got my .40 (169.00), an extra mag (25.00) and a box of BB 180g (15.00), so you did good. :)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ya'll and I found this !

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/hipoint_100605/

"Hi-Point was one of the first American manufacturers to use a polymer frame for firearms. In 1992-93 we offered our 9mm in polymer, then the .380, and lastly the .40 and .45 pistols. It just worked out that way because polymer offers many consumer benefits, such as reduced recoil, ease of maintenance, and a longer service life. Polymer by nature is 'slicker' than steel/alloy and is therefore easier to care for, requiring less oil, etc."

SPECIFICATIONS
Hi-Point Model JCP
.40 S&W Semiautomatic Pistol
MAKER: Hi-Point Firearms Co.
MODEL: JCP
OPERATION: Blowback Autoloader
CALIBER: .40 S&W
CAPACITY: 9 rounds
BARREL LENGTH: 4.5 inches
OVERALL LENGTH: 7.72 inches
WEIGHT, EMPTY: 32 ounces
SIGHTS: 3-dot system; fully adjustable rear; blade front
STOCKS: Integral polymer frame
SAFETY: Manual thumb safety; magazine disconnect safety; sear drop safety
FINISH: Black Powder Coat
PRICE: $169

The Hi-Point polymer frame features an integral trigger guard and accessory rail for mounting an optional laser sight. The barrel is mounted permanently to the frame while the recoil spring is located in a groove beneath the barrel where a downward extension of the slide bears upon it during recoil. Separate grip panels are held in place by screws and tabs on their bottom edges that enter cutouts in the frame.

This design depends primarily upon the slide's mass to prevent it from moving to the rear until chamber pressure has dropped to a safe level while the recoil spring provides a secondary means of preventing slide movement. Unlike those pistols mentioned at the beginning of this article, because of the weight of the slide, the spring does not have to be so strong as to make manual retraction of the slide difficult. I had several persons of varying stature, hand sizes, and strength rack the Hi-Point's slide and none experienced any difficulty.

Hi-Point pistols are striker fired and utilize a single-action trigger mechanism. A thumb safety on the left side of the frame blocks the sear when engaged. To provide additional protection, the design includes a spring-loaded sear block that falls under the sear pin arm and prevents sear movement if the pistol is dropped while a weight counteracts sear movement.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st time on the range pic

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Congrats on the 40. That's about what i paid for mine brand new with an extra mag and no ammo. I'd say you did pretty well.

I usually use Remington for target because I'll buy it when it's on sale.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats on the .40!

Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I just bought my JCP .40 about a month or so ago from a shop here in Ohio for $120 used with one mag and no ammo or anything like that with it. So I think you got a pretty decent deal, it definitely could've been a lot worse. I also have a 995 and have been looking for a C9 but there hasn't been any good deals I've wanted to jump at yet. Luckily there's a gun show coming up this weekend. Enjoy your .40. I absolutely love mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.