My new .45 made it's debut today!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by ab4ka, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ab4ka

ab4ka Guest

I took it with me when I went to my granddads to get my new Kel-tec from him, so I got to try both of them out. My brother (who is a gun snob and doesn't like Hi-Points) kept telling me before I bought it that I would be sorry as the recoil is too much. I told him he's an idiot.

I was in a hurry and only got to put one mag thru it, but it shot like a dream. It kicks less than my Taurus, but a little more than my 1911. Overall I'm very happy with it. I can't wait to really put it thru it's paces! It's been a good day :D

2. Never had a problem with my JHP 45 from day one except getting my time to shoot it when I take my 11 and 16 y.o. daughters out for an afternoon of shooting. Congrats and hope it serves you well.

3. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

More than your 1911? what 1911 do you shoot?

Glad to hear it shot well.

I had some other guys frown on my Hi-Point but I like my HP's to death.

4. Everybody loves those JHP .45s!

5. ab4ka

ab4ka Guest

Maybe it doesn't recoil more than my 1911, I'd have to compare them side by side, but it just feels different. The Hi-Point seems to want to flip a little more whereas the 1911 is more of a shove straight back. Either way, I love both of them! Now I've just got to get me another mag, 'cuz one just ain't enough!

6. urotu

urotu Member

You're absolutely right...

One mag isn't enough, haha. My son shoots my .45 with no issues, he likes it better than my little Cobra .380. I hardly notice the recoil at all it really is a sweet shooter. The only one I have that has less recoil problems is my CF380.

7. Last time I went to the range I shot my old mans JHP .45, I think its a beast but I don't think it has TOO MUCH recoil. If anything I think it wants to flip more because of the massive slide? But I'm no expert