Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

My new 995ST, plus a magazine question...

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2TN Mules 
#1 ·

Here's my newest toy, and first Hi Point.
I had been checking these out for a while now, always thought a 9mm carbine would be a hoot & a half. Some of my more gun-snobbish friends said they were no good, strangely those who actually owned 'em said otherwise. Anyway, went to the gun shop looking for primers when I saw this, and after handling it, no way was I leaving without it. 8)
Haven't shot it yet, hope to change that this weekend, but in the mean time I was running some snap caps through it, just getting familiar with its operation.
That's when I found that, when loaded with any more than five rounds, the cartridges would "nose down" in the magazine, and would double-feed when cycled through. Five rounds or less, no issues at all. Tried a few live rounds, same thing. Feed lips seem pretty tight. Anyone else run into this? I'll be ordering some more mags anyway, but hoping I can shoot more than five at a time this weekend.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, guys!
Well, I kept the mag loaded with 5 rounds for the last few days, as per the advice I read somewhere. Just back from putting the first 100 rounds through the gun, and I'm happy to say, NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER! Not one single bobble, jam, or misfire. 8)
Can't wait to go shoot some more. Only problem, I will certainly have to get some dies and start reloading 9mm, 'cause I get the feeling this thing's gonna eat up a lot of ammo!

Now, if only someone made a 30-round mag for it...

#5 ·
Great report! I've got about 1000 rounds through my 995TS. After getting the kinks worked out of my reloads it is not missing a lick and accurate as heck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.