My New AK! well kind of

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by z71silverado98, Dec 27, 2007.

1. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

MINE!

Sar 3, excellent condition, 200rnds from previous owner. nice rifling.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since it's .223 and my Mini14 already got claimed i figure this one will too. :cry:

Im gonna outfit it just like my sar3 but in green furn. though i love wood furniture im gonna box it up and keep it pretty.

2. Beautiful gun!!!

Any theory on how you're going to keep your GF/Mom/Sisters hands off it long enough to shoot it and give us a range report?

3. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

I usually get the first mag in after that its a cat fight :p
    I have a feeling my GF is gonna claim this one.
    I Love the AK and my girl does too but cant handle the recoil of 7.62.
    Green is her favorite color and i had a hard enough time keeping OD green off of my sar1, so Im gonna let her furnish it in green and hopefully she'll get into rifles.

Suits me just fine though as I'm obtaining a rifle for each member of my family for hurricane SHTF. The more practice everyone has and the more comfortable they are w/ "their" personal gun, the better prepared we will all be.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Very nice I like

5. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

I cant find the words for that.

Is the stock so shiny and nice I can actually see finger markings. Man oh man. The mag even shiny.

Its not hate just jealousy is all "I swear". LOL

I am surly envious of this piece.

If looks could kill, Oh wait they can. LOL

6. Sometimes, I wish I had that problem with my wife/mom/sister.... Would making going to the range more fun for sure.

7. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

Picked it up on thurs. the pictures do not do it justice!

this thing is a sweetheart! took it to the range sat along w/ its big sister and the Mini14. due to sched conficts i got to go by myself w/ the new toy! whoo hoo!

the bakelite mag that came with it didnt work, but i was told thats common. luckily i had purchased 2 weiger 30rnds that arrived the same day my rifle did

while the 7.62 is still my fav i think this one is pulling close second, hopefully the women folk will feel the same.

8. Cool acquisition. Please keep us apprised of any mods/additions you make to this. I can use the ideas.

9. I'm going to buy a couple of them this summer for sure. Nice looking rifle. I hope I can find some that good.

10. Oh... I was supposed to say NICE Gun but then I saw the poodle shootin caliber so I must say... Nice LOOKIN Gun! :)

j/k with ya

11. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

Ruger has substantially tamed/managed the 7.62x39's recoil with the design of their Mini 30s vs. the AK, its variants and the SKSs. Having shot all 3 types, I must say that the Mini 30 is the more refined,honed,and accurate of the x39 segment of rifles.

12. Thats one nice looking AK