Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Do you think this JC .40 "Face-Lift" looks better than the New JCP .40

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen a picture of this done to a JCP .40. I thought that I would use my own idea and apply it to my Hi-Point JC .40

Here is what I did. I gave my Hi-Point a Face-Lift
From This:

To This:

Here is the list of things that I used to give my Hi-Point JC .40 its Face-Lift

Here is some Pictures of the process:

Tape-up the Slide very-well only leaving un-taped what you want to sand.
It should look like this:

I used the 60 Grit first to completely remove the paint, then the 100 Grit to smooth it down, then the 320 Grit to make it "Clear-coat Ready".
Here is what the slide looked like afterwards:

After cleaning the pistol very well with the Alcohol and the Cosmetic Wedges, spray thin coats of the Engine Block Clear-Coat onto each side of the slide to prevent rust and to make shiny. Then Remove tape. It should look like this:

All that is left to do now is assemble it back together, take pics and then post on the Forum!

I hope this will help someone. Let me know what you think of my work.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Looks really nice to me!

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Beautiful!!! Nice how to as well, great post!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best thing about this Face-Lift, is that all three sanding pads, engine block clear-coat, and Automotive masking tape was right at $20 at Advance Auto Parts. You probley have Rubbing Alcohol at home and a lint-free wrag would work if your wife or girlfriend doesn't have cosmetic wedges.

$20 Face-Lift for a Hi-point.....Sweet!!!!!!!!

P.S. Hi-point could make this modification during the manufacturing process for less then $5 Im sure. Hint Hint Hi-Point!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Poll: "Do you think this JC .40 "Face-Lift" looks better than the New JCP .40"

I'll abstain, because I'm torn. "Yes", because this is a cool mod that dressed up the JC incredibly. "No", because I like the grips, and the resulting overall lines, of the new JCP better, but that falls outside the scope of the update, and you're not responsible for that difference.

I guess I'll vote for "apples and oranges", and add that this is one beautifully polished apple. Congrats!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks good.I think it was an upgrade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I'm done sanding and currently in the middle of coating the metal. I'll post my pics around 2000hrs.

EDIT 2014 (almost on time)

and a close up of the logo. The wear on the word "firearms" isn't my fault, it came that way.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Great job. I like the looks of it. I think I'll have to do the same to my old 40.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was trying to figure out how to do the same thing with my C-9. I will go by the auto store on Friday. I know for sure when I head out to the range will truly be hatin. I they already jealous of my weapon because of the accuracy. I let a few range friends fire it and they mostly complained about the fact it's top heavy and ugly. They will buy one once I polish my slide, and I'm going to try out those 10 and 15 rd magazines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
custom slide one step further

How about we take the slide to an engraver to add graphics like this

Stephen

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I have the same 40. I am planning on doing the same to mine this next weekend.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts