My New but old JC .40 Gets a Face-Lift

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by TsabaDLK, Feb 22, 2008.

Do you think this JC .40 "Face-Lift" looks better than the New JCP .40

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TsabaDLK

TsabaDLK Guest

I seen a picture of this done to a JCP .40. I thought that I would use my own idea and apply it to my Hi-Point JC .40

Here is what I did. I gave my Hi-Point a Face-Lift
    From This:

[​IMG]

To This:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the list of things that I used to give my Hi-Point JC .40 its Face-Lift

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is some Pictures of the process:

Tape-up the Slide very-well only leaving un-taped what you want to sand.
    It should look like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used the 60 Grit first to completely remove the paint, then the 100 Grit to smooth it down, then the 320 Grit to make it "Clear-coat Ready".
    Here is what the slide looked like afterwards:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After cleaning the pistol very well with the Alcohol and the Cosmetic Wedges, spray thin coats of the Engine Block Clear-Coat onto each side of the slide to prevent rust and to make shiny. Then Remove tape. It should look like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All that is left to do now is assemble it back together, take pics and then post on the Forum!

[​IMG]

I hope this will help someone. Let me know what you think of my work.

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful!!! Nice how to as well, great post!

3. Very nice, indeed!

4. ToddGray

ToddGray Guest

Beautiful... Im gonna do the same to my C9 tonight!

5. TsabaDLK

TsabaDLK Guest

Best thing about this Face-Lift, is that all three sanding pads, engine block clear-coat, and Automotive masking tape was right at $20 at Advance Auto Parts. You probley have Rubbing Alcohol at home and a lint-free wrag would work if your wife or girlfriend doesn't have cosmetic wedges.

$20 Face-Lift for a Hi-point.....Sweet!!!!!!!!

P.S. Hi-point could make this modification during the manufacturing process for less then $5 Im sure. Hint Hint Hi-Point!

6. Poll: "Do you think this JC .40 "Face-Lift" looks better than the New JCP .40"

I'll abstain, because I'm torn. "Yes", because this is a cool mod that dressed up the JC incredibly. "No", because I like the grips, and the resulting overall lines, of the new JCP better, but that falls outside the scope of the update, and you're not responsible for that difference.

I guess I'll vote for "apples and oranges", and add that this is one beautifully polished apple. Congrats!

7. I always liked my .380 for that very scheme, and now i LOVE that 40! nice job!!!

8. Looks good.I think it was an upgrade

9. Nice write up bro!!!! Great job!

10. ToddGray

ToddGray Guest

OK I'm done sanding and currently in the middle of coating the metal. I'll post my pics around 2000hrs.

EDIT 2014 (almost on time)

[​IMG]

and a close up of the logo. The wear on the word "firearms" isn't my fault, it came that way.
    [​IMG]

11. TsabaDLK

TsabaDLK Guest

Looks great! Job Well done.

12. Great job. I like the looks of it. I think I'll have to do the same to my old 40.

13. HiPoint4Life

HiPoint4Life Guest

I was trying to figure out how to do the same thing with my C-9. I will go by the auto store on Friday. I know for sure when I head out to the range will truly be hatin. I they already jealous of my weapon because of the accuracy. I let a few range friends fire it and they mostly complained about the fact it's top heavy and ugly. They will buy one once I polish my slide, and I'm going to try out those 10 and 15 rd magazines.

14. sdavisrt

sdavisrt Guest

custom slide one step further

How about we take the slide to an engraver to add graphics like this
    [​IMG]

Stephen

15. Whiskey

Whiskey Guest

Too bad they changed the grips. The old style grips look elegant.

16. I have the same 40. I am planning on doing the same to mine this next weekend.

17. Yes, they looked nice.

18. I think it looks great. Major improvement.