My new C9 Comp

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by warhawk77, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Here is my new C9 Comp. Looking at the feed ramp I see very few marks so guessing the round count is low. It looks like a old one,

I did notice the spring that goes below the barrel has a be noticeable bend in it. Also the firing pin only has the one spring where my new C9 has two(or at least I think it does).

You can see it in the photo not sure if it is worth sending it back for repairs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

The C9 comps came with the single firing pin spring and a little plastic follower and a rounded slide stop. Your slide looks funky, like it was spray painted or something. I would send it in and have it refurb'd. They will powder coat the slide or replace it and update all the springs etc. I personally would send it in just for cosmetic reasons.

3. Yes the slide is glossy black. I assumed it was something they changed over years.

I don't have that plastic follower you talked about, would it be safe to fire with out it?

The sights are all red where my new one has the yellow front sight. I'm not sure if I like the front sight being red.

If I do send it back and there is something wrong with the barrel would it get replaced with the non compensator barrel? Now I don't see anything wrong with it but kinda not worth risking it I would get back a normal C9.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

You won't get back a C9 :D

The slide looks like it was the older finish before the powder coat but the top 1/2 looks rough and repainted, the comp also looks like it was painted over. They will refurb it like new and probably with a new powdercoated slide and they will not change the barrel to a regular length barrel.

It is still safe to fire without that plastic follower but it helps to keep the spring centered. You may have some misfires or issues without it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old style left, new style right
    [​IMG]

5. Congrats, I agree you should definitely send it to MoM for a makeover ;)

6. Etechonline2002

Etechonline2002 Member

I like the new style and the older styles are nice to but your gun needs a factory refurb.

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

7. Thanks for the info panoz. Mine doesn't have that platic follower I would have noticed that, and my dolls head is the old style.

I'm going to the range this weekend so I will wait till next week to return it for a refurb/checkup. Never had to return one so time to start looking up how that process works and how long it takes.

Thanks guys for the feed back.

8. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

I think yours is actually a model c not a model c9 that's why the slide is that Finnish

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

9. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Actually it looks like it says model G

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Its not a model G, there's no such animal.

Have you shot it?

If it shoots fine..why send it to mom?

And why does EVERY thread about an old gun turn into "send it to mom", before anyone has even tried shooting it??

Come on guys, live a little! It's a freaking GUN! Shoot it!:p

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

He is missing parts in the firing pin spring, also as I stated even if it shot, I would send it in for cosmetic reasons alone, I think that older finish looks terrible.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    3 of my 10 guns don't have the cup, they work fine.

Cosmetic reasons? So if your gun gets scratched up, send it in so Mom can replace it?

How about we DON'T ask Mom to do that, and treat the resource with a modicum of respect, so they don't get forced to raise prices or go out of business by requests to fix things that don't really "need" fixing??:confused:

13. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Well if I had bought a rusty 995 or a beat up C9, yes I would probably send it back and have it refurb'd. But I have not yet to send anything back to MOM. But, if I bought a beater, I certainly would send it in even if it was just for cosmetic reasons rather than rattle can it and make it look even more like ****.

14. I'm going to the range in the morning to shoot it. I don't see any reason it won't be a great little pistol.

And yes it is a model C I was wrong on the name of the tread.

15. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Yeah I didn't think so but just look at the slide real close it looks like a g so that why I got confused

16. wow,
    you got a early Model C Comp.This is the first one I have ever seen.That's how the finish looked on those before they went with the powdercoat.Heck,I'd just leave it alone and shoot it.Nice find!
    Edit:What you maybe can do is call MOM,give them the serial # to make sure it originally came with a comp and not a Model C with a comp installed by someone.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I'm talking about the top 1/2 of the slide, it looks like the finish was jacked up.

[​IMG]

18. sure looks like a G to me, also. wonder how this happened?

19. Maybe it's the Model G "Gangsta" edition.:D

20. My older gray frame .380 has that same type of finish.

Attached Files: