My New C9...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Steamquick1, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Steamquick1

Steamquick1 Guest

Hi, New Guy Here... Just got a HiPoint C9 9mm from the local gunshow... Traded an old rusty winchester .22LR for it... Good trade I think.. My Feed Ramp Is Polished,It came with 2 mags (1-8 Round,1-10 Round), The Laser in the pics is now gone, and it now has a Hogue Handall Grip on it... I love it, and am going to the shooting range soon to try it out...

Here she is..

[​IMG]

Thanks!!!
    Steve

2. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    Looks good, Steve. Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions these are the guys to ask. I have to ask as many will, what brand is the laser?, how is it mounted?, does it feel sturdy? I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your HP as I do mine.

Nice signature by the way.

3. Welcome to the forum steamquik, congrats on the trade.

Please let us know how you like your pistol when you get a chance to use it at the range.

Cheers!

4. Steamquick1

Steamquick1 Guest

Thanks everyone... Sorry...I had to borrow your signature... lol... It's so funny... and true... I think it's a little dumb to spend $1,100 on a .45, when you can spend $150 on one, and it still shoots the same bullets... I know kimbers are good quality guns... but stupidly priced if you ask me... I am trying to get my neighbor to come on here too... he just got a HiPoint .45 from the same gunshow I went to... He sold his C9 and bought a .45... So he should be on here soon... As far as the laser goes, I just gave it to my neighbor... It fits his .45 better than my C9... I bought it off of Ebay probabaly 4 or 5 years ago... I had it on a 1911 Colt .45, and got rid of the Colt, and just had the laser laying around... I can't remember how much it was though... Check around on ebay though... they have a few good ones on there... it bolts around the trigger guard... and it has a pressure switch that goes under a little strap on the grip... Hope this helps!!!

Thanks!!!
    Steve...

5. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, my brother in law thinks you have to spend $1000+ to get a decent handgun otherwise it's just a boat anchor. I really like the guys that say "If you want to shoot through an engine block you need a 45." I reply " The thickest thing I will ever have to shoot through is a T-shirt, and my HP C9 can do it just fine and even cheaper". By far the best gun snobs are the broke ones that can't afford the guns they bash yours over. Anyway, welcome and thanks.

6. Your gonna love it....I guarantee it! They're reliable and once you get the sights adjusted (fully adjustable for windage & elevation), (find that feature on another centerfire handgun for well under $200.00) will shoot POINT-TO-AIM.

7. Steamquick1

Steamquick1 Guest

Went out to our land we own out in The Backwoods of Florida... Shot The C9 Today... Mean Little Pistol... Very accurate... Very Powerful... Very Reliable... Used a whole pack of 50 Remington 9mm Rounds... No Jams,No Stovepipes,No Misfeeds... Perfect... Also, We set up a Full-Sized House Refridgerator. A Refridgerator Door Behind it (With some old pillows shoved in it), and an old truck Bed Behind it.... just to see if I could stop the round.... Not quite... Fired 11 rounds, one right after the other... Every one went through every piece of metal,every pillow,every truck bed/tailgate, and went into the ground about 30 yards passed the targets.... I love it... These shots were from about 50 feet from the fridge... I taped it, and I will have the video up later of this... If you don't believe it, wait and see the vid... Powerful, Cheap, And did I mention,Powerful???

For a 9mm... Definately NICE for the price...
    Im Now a Hi-Point Lover for life....
    Might grab me a .45 next...
    We'll see...

Thanks!!!
    Steve....

8. Sounds like you had some fun!

These guns definitely give you waaay more than your money's worth, IMO.

9. You're gonna love it, Steve. It's a great shooter, and well worth it.

10. Congrats on your C9. I know I really like mine. Now, start spreading the news!