Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is, made the final payment and what a nice piece she is.

In case you are not familiar with the Taurus 24/7, it has a SA/DA trigger, is striker fired, polymer framed with rubber grips, my compact is chambered in .40S&W and can hold 11 rounds in the standard mag and 15 in the extended mag which also extends the grip for a more secure grip.

It's got a standard picatinny rail and a nicely finished breechblock which is stainless on top and black on the sides.

The trigger is light but the pull is relatively long, trigger pull is even good in DA.

I'm a happy camper, I will upload more pics soon.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
AHHH MAN! I wish my PT140 Mil Pro had a rail on the front like yours. Thats a sweet looking gun. Has a bigger capacity than mine too. Good choice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi
have a taurus millennium pro 45acp 10 rounder
had to send it back shoots 2ft low at 7yds
no matter who the shooter is cant wait to get it back
cause it fires any kind of ammo faultlessly
(just cant hit nothing)
has the pic rail also. blk finish

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine shot pretty straight, my rounds were all over the place but my wife was able to get a decent group at 15 yards.

Not bad for a 3.33" barrel at 15 yards.

It fed flawlessly on federal FMJ's.

Good pistol...

Also got to shoot a Glock 22, my opinion changed on the Glock right then and there.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Mine shot pretty straight, my rounds were all over the place but my wife was able to get a decent group at 15 yards.

Not bad for a 3.33" barrel at 15 yards.

It fed flawlessly on federal FMJ's.

Good pistol...

Also got to shoot a Glock 22, my opinion changed on the Glock right then and there.
For better or worse?...

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitly better! he had a Hogue slip on on it just like my JCP and it felt almost just like it while firing! the trigger was amazing!

I still don't want to own a Glock though, it still might suprise me and Kb! on me. lol

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another range report, my 24/7 HATES WWB! go figure, I had 4 light strikes (that I fired with the DA trigger) and one FTF.

It's accuracy is excellent at 10 yards even for a 3.33" barrel...

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have some problems with printing while trying it in a IWB holster, can anyone help me out? should I go for SOB carry?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I bought the same exact model earlier this summer. Looooove it to death and did my first complete tear-down on it a few weeks back. Extremely easy and overall just a great, great buy. The 17-round mags make it much more fun to shoot, too ::)

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I bought the same exact model earlier this summer. Looooove it to death and did my first complete tear-down on it a few weeks back. Extremely easy and overall just a great, great buy. The 17-round mags make it much more fun to shoot, too ::)
That little pin is sooo smooth to put in and out of the frame.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gotta love that little spring, makes it a pain in the ass to put the pin back in the frame, still isn't too hard though.

Here's another pic

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I overpaid for mine but they put in a box of Federal FMJ 160gr's which was nice.

They can be had for around 360~460, I paid close to the latter.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Another range report, my 24/7 HATES WWB! go figure, I had 4 light strikes (that I fired with the DA trigger) and one FTF.

It's accuracy is excellent at 10 yards even for a 3.33" barrel...
Would you mind going into detail about the accuracy with WWB, too?

The first time I took my 24/7 to the range, I was firing Blazer Brass at 25 yards and was center mass on a "bad guy" silhoette every single time. But last time, with WWB, I was extremely low at the same yardage. I put 100rnds through her on that trip and I'm hoping it was just the ammo.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I haven't sent a gun in yet for repairs, however i'm tempted to send in my 995 for a look over.

The accuracy was decent (24/7) with WWB, it hit the BG sillouhette center-mass and the rifle targets I stapled on it, while I only hit 10~20% of the rifle targets I still made hits on a target designed to be shot with an M16 at 15 yards.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.