Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm 12+1

Payed 375.00 NIB at Gander mountain just under 400.00 with tax

I'll post a range report after I shoot it tomorrow!

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Nice pic and great looking gun man!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here is the range report! first of all I shot 50 Blazer aluminum 115 grain 0 problems 50 S&B 0 problems and 50 Wolf 0 problems I also put 50 of my Federal Tactical HST through it and nary a hiccup and that was the most accurate as well! I had no problem keeping inside of a 4 inch circle at 8 meters! with the JHP I was inside 3 inches with 90% of my shots!

All in all I am very happy with this gun.

G

·
Those short guns are loud! I've got a PT-145 in 45acp. I would like a Hi-Point 45 but the grip is a bit large for my hands.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Ok here is the range report! first of all I shot 50 Blazer aluminum 115 grain 0 problems 50 S&B 0 problems and 50 Wolf 0 problems I also put 50 of my Federal Tactical HST through it and nary a hiccup and that was the most accurate as well! I had no problem keeping inside of a 4 inch circle at 8 meters! with the JHP I was inside 3 inches with 90% of my shots!

How is the recoil on that beast? I have looked at them, but haven't added one to my collection...yet.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

How is the recoil on that beast? I have looked at them, but haven't added one to my collection...yet.
no worse than the C9 and because I can hold higher to the center line it is easier to get back on target!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Those are nice guns.
I bought one a while back, also 2 toned.
It's light, shoots straight and so far has been 100% reliable.
I got mine at Cabela's for around $280 with the wife's employee discount. ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good looking; was wondering about this handgun.

The magazine "Handguns" in their "Gun Buyers Annual" just wrote and excellent writeup on that little jewel, the Taurus Pro111, and the Taurus Pro 145 also. The author of the article gave them both high marks. I thought I would mention it since you bought one of them. Nice to see that the author of the article wasn't just writing a fluff piece to make a buck. I will have to go look at one now.
Ken

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah the 3rd generation MIL PRO seems to have the kinks worked out and is a very reliable gun with tons of features not usually found on a 300.00 gun! It also is more comfortable to shoot for long periods than the Kel Tec but not as concealable.

Since I shoot IDPA I chose the PT111.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts