Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is my birthday and this arived on the ups truck, Its a surefire G2 Nitrolon and its going to replace my $4 walgreens flashlight as a home defence light to go in the case with my c9.

out of the package

and a group photo with its new friends

·
Registered
974 Posts
I hear a lot of people talk about surefire lights. What's good about them? What makes them better than any other LED flashlight?

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear a lot of people talk about surefire lights. What's good about them? What makes them better than any other LED flashlight?
They cost more money and they look cool. Naw but it is realy bright and has a good garantee on parts, plus some good customer service wich by the way I have already used today. Oh, and this one isnt an LED light, not yet anyway, I might decide to put a brighter lamp on it , as there are alot of modifications you can do to them.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I can't fathom why someone would spend this kind of cash on a flashlight when there are now ones out there as good or better for much less. You spent what $50 on the one pictured and there are some that go for upwards of $200? Now you have to spend extra cash on the LED conversion and the use the expensive 123 Lithiums. I bought two billet aluminum LED tac lights at Sams for $30 (they are 3 watt CREE LED bulbs), they have 50% power, 100% power and strobe settings and are 160 lumens, they run on 3 AAA and last longer than the surefire 20 min runtime. I just don't get it :cantlook:

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't fathom why someone would spend this kind of cash on a flashlight when there are now ones out there as good or better for much less. You spent what $50 on the one pictured and there are some that go for upwards of $200? Now you have to spend extra cash on the LED conversion and the use the expensive 123 Lithiums. I bought two billet aluminum LED tac lights at Sams for $30 (they are 3 watt CREE LED bulbs), they have 50% power, 100% power and strobe settings and are 160 lumens, they run on 3 AAA and last longer than the surefire 20 min runtime. I just don't get it :cantlook:
er no, this light wasonly $39 and it is for my birthday so my girlfiend bought it for me. I dont currently have access to a sams and i dont have to upgrade anything on this flash light if i dont want to. Besides I only need the light for at night if someone is in my house, so it will take me forever to use up the battery. And I thought it looked cool. This one has a 1 hour run time on batterys.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
$39 + shipping + batts = ?

I'm just saying to me it just seems like people get these because of the Brand Name thing (I know yours was a gift), it is like the Glock of flashlights :D

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$39 + shipping + batts = ?

I'm just saying to me it just seems like people get these because of the Brand Name thing (I know yours was a gift), it is like the Glock of flashlights :D
I dont know about shipping and the batts came with it, its 21 for a dozen replacement batteries if i should need them.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I have a Fenix P3D Premium Q5 (Cree Q5 LED)

Those sams lights are OK in my book, but the demo in the store didn't have the throw that mine does... under those lights in there, LOL.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
And get some rechargeable batts dude, they will pay for themselves! I've saved ~80 so far, LOL

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
i got my sure fire as a gift, now its mounted on my bubba'd sks! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts