My new hand gun!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Milehile, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Milehile

Milehile Guest

Hello all. I haven't posted in a while (I apologize). It's been a hard road in the last couple months. I've been really swamped with work, and money problems. I finally got my tax return no more than a week ago, so I decided I wanted a hand gun. So, knowing Cabela's has hand guns, I went there.

They had so many to choose from. I first wanted to get a Rock Island 1911 for $399 that they had. It wasn't for me. It was a dark gray with fake wooden handles and it just screamed, "LAME". So, I keep looking. Glock? Too expensive. Revolver? Maybe later. New? Used? The options were endless. Then I saw it. A satin nickel finish, CZ 75B in 40 S&W for $399.

I thought it looked great. I asked to look at it, and I was immediately impressed. It was a Pre-Owned hand gun. I didn't mind. The first owner put on a new rubber Hogue Grip on making it very comfy to hold. The trigger pull is very nice. Not too hard. I think I'm in love. The only thing I don't like about it so far, is that you almost need 3 hands to field strip it. lol. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Member

Nice looking gun. I've always been a fan of the CZ's.

Tom

3. Ari

Ari Guest

CZ are very nice good work

4. cz make some really nice 9mm, i won't expect any less in 40's.

5. Milehile

Milehile Guest

I need to find out where I can find some accessories for it now. I went to CZ-USA.com and found that their shop is down. Has been for a while now. Anyone know where I should go. I want to get some more magazines, and maybe look at some different grip choices.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Call them on the phone... They have a 1-800 number under contact info..

If no luck there you might try www.cdnnsports.com

7. Milehile

Milehile Guest

That website you gave me has some really good prices. I went to another website called midwayusa.com and they were about $35 for the cheapest mag. I was greatly turned off from that. $20 is a much better price.

8. Wow, that's a great find! Let us know how she shoots.

9. Very nice find, very sharp looking. Taking it to the range this weekend I hope? Be sure to let us know how she shoots.

10. Milehile, my boss has the CZ 75B in 9mm. It's a great gun, but does take some getting used to when field stripping it for cleaning. You'll get used to it though. Great choice my friend.

11. NWdude83

NWdude83 Guest

12. CZ makes great guns, their semi auto pistol line and bolt rifle lines are second to none. Mag's for CZ's are like Bersa and Taurus mags, expensive and not always available locally, at least not in my area. The mag issue is my only complaint with CZ, Bersa and Taurus mag feed guns.

13. Milehile

Milehile Guest

I do plan on taking it to the range and seeing how she shoots. The mags I got are made by Mec-Gar and they are 12 round mags. The mag it came with is made by the same company, but is a 10 round. I got 2 mags for $20/each. Not a bad deal. It was the best deal I could find. And that was from CDNN.

That tripleK doesn't have the mag I need. They have the 9mm, but not the 40 S&W.