Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I just purchased two HP C9's. I am moving to Florida next month so I thought I would go ahead and apply for a Florida CCW. Went to the local donut shop, I mean local Police station, and politely ask the cop on duty to have my finger prints taken. I told him the reason for the finger prints. He asked me what type of firearm do I carry and I told him a Hi-Point C9 9MM. He also asked my why do I want to carry a concealed weapon? I told him it was my right as a USA citizen. At that point he started to be real belligerent with me. He didn't like Hi-Points. I kept my cool. He started shooting out the "F" bombs every other word. He asked me for my I.D. and I gave it to him with a complete friendly smile. I even showed him my Idaho CCW. He started again with the "F" bombs and using Our Lord's name in vein. I asked him to please stop the bad language, but he continued...I then got mad and told him he was a JERK and walked out. He ran after me and stopped me in the parking lot and started again with the foul language. I told him that I didn't have to listen to his polluted mouth and I walked away. He then yelled some more words of color at me and I turned around and told him that I served my Country for 8 years (U.S. Army Officer) and I had a BSME and a Master's Degree...I also said you must be one of those 68% of cops with only a high school education.

Other than the Hi-Point component of this event, I walked in with a t-shirt and shorts. I have tattoos everywhere. Because he was obviously emotionally challenged and stereotyped me because of my tattoo's, he assumed I was a criminal. All you cops out there, and there are a few good ones, you can never judge a person by the cover of the book or the HP they carry concealed.

BTW, not to get flamed, cops are not officers as defined by anything I have ever read. Only Military personnel can be commissioned as Officer's.

Boy, that guy torqued me off and I am usually a very calm guy.

SP

Added note, I went over to the sheriff's office and they did 2 sets of finger prints for free. That cop was GREAT...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to hear about your run in :blink: . seems there are alot of LEO's that get the feeling that they are superior to regular citizens because of there role in protecting our towns , states and citys. You just have to brush those types of people off. The local sherrife bashed me and my whole family to my face when my little brother became a very high media case (joe nagle). There are jerks everywere in life, just be glad your not one :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about your run in :blink: . seems there are alot of LEO's that get the feeling that they are superior to regular citizens because of there role in protecting our towns , states and citys. You just have to brush those types of people off. The local sherrife bashed me and my whole family to my face when my little brother became a very high media case (joe nagle). There are jerks everywere in life, just be glad your not one :D
Yeah, and the jerk didn't like Hi-Points...This whole thing started because I mentioned Hi-Point's and I guess he didn't like my tattoos. He was wrong.

SP

·
Registered
38 Posts
I get looks and rude comments all the time because of tats and stretched ears (rather large). Those people arn't worth your's or my time, its just society. Most people still arn't used to it, or just dont want to realize thats body art is a everyday occurance .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get looks and rude comments all the time because of tats and stretched ears (rather large). Those people arn't worth your's or my time, its just society. Most people still arn't used to it, or just dont want to realize thats body art is a everyday occurance .
I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and I have never been in trouble with the law. I am also a heck of a father to my two kids. My son graduated from Auburn and my daughter goes to a private school and enjoys a 3.8 GPA and she want to be a forensic scientist.

Stay connected to your children, because if they become disconnected, they are someone else's...Also, give them a Hi-Point when they had proven themselves worthy of safety competence. :D

SP

·
Registered
111 Posts
wow, youre moving to florida? good luck and get used to it, the cops down here all for the most part are a**holes, im all for good cops that actually do their job but cops down here are racist, corrupt morons that swear they are above us becuase theyre cops, like i said if yorue a good cop great im proud of u for being real and having genuine concern for your community, but the cops down here can kiss me arse

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I would have demanded to speak to his superior.
And you would have been arrested, just like Professor Gates. With no friend in the White House, you would still be in jail.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would have demanded to speak to his superior.
And you would have been arrested, just like Professor Gates. With no friend in the White House, you would still be in jail.
There's a law that says you can't ask to speak to a LEO's superior? :blink: That's news to me!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.