My new Hi-Point Baby

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by cuch86, Mar 11, 2008.

1. cuch86

cuch86 Guest

OK so for any of you had seen, yesterday I posted about a c9 package at my local dealer--well I was wrong it wasn't the C9 but the .40S&W. So I just had to have it today and here is what I got; my Hi-Point .40, one magazine, ghost ring as well as traditional sight, hardcase, kabar knife, a holster and the lazer which they had already set up on the gun. All of which cost $254.99. I asked but they couldn't go any lower on the price but they did throw in the NICS search and a lock for the case for free. I'm damn happy with that purchase, only downside is I'm leaving Jersey to head down to Tampa until Monday night tomorrow so I won't get to shoot her until next week. I'll try to get some pics up ASAP for all to enjoy.

2. nice. with .40 the price sounds much more reasonable. what's nics search?

3. cuch86

cuch86 Guest

thats the instant background check they have to do here in Jersey, they normally charge $16 for it. See here you have to first get a firearms purchasing ID where they do the full FBI background check, which allows you to buy long guns but then you must get a permit for each andevery handgun you buy where they do another background check and then at the time of purchase they do the nics check I don't don't know what the acronym stands for but that's what they call it. So with that in mind it was a good deal.

4. that's cool, in cali it cost from 25 to 35 for the background check and take 10 days waiting period.

5. I am sure you will love it as much as I love my JCP40 :)

6. wvujon82

wvujon82 Guest

I've got the Hi-Point fever, and I think my next purchase is going to be the JCP .40

7. cuch86

cuch86 Guest

hey you guys all own c9's.....what size magazine did it come with? I thought it came with an 8 & a 10 but my dealer was trying to tell me they didn't get them in because they came with a 16 round mag which is illegal in nj....10 rd max.

8. in mississippi it takes 2 minutes and its free. buy the gun, background check, and be out the door in 10 minutes. i love it.

9. As far as i know, if its just the basic C9, and not the comp model, it comes with an eight rounder. And I have no clue what your dealer was talking about when he said "16 round mag".. all that Hi Point makes are 8 and 10 rounders...

-David

10. cuch86

cuch86 Guest

that's what I thought, I don't know what he was talking about...maybe he thought I was talking about the S&W Sigma series I know those are available in 10 or 16 round mags.

11. I bought a 40S&W about 10 hours ago. I bought the 40S&W, 50 shells, 3 trigger locks, 30 mins. on their indoor range and back ground check for $190 out the door. I couldn't be happier. I am hoping to go up to my freinds range on sunday to run about 200 rounds through it. If it pans out I will be taking my digital cam with me.

12. Ok, just for everyone here, this is killing me.... SO, here you guys go...

[​IMG]

This goes for you Mississippi boys too. I call Ocean Springs/Biloxi home, so don't think I am gonna let you guys off easy.. We gotta show 'em how Mississippi does it! Come on guys, post some PICS!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D All in good fun of course!!!

Welcome to the forums to all of you new guys!