Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so for any of you had seen, yesterday I posted about a c9 package at my local dealer--well I was wrong it wasn't the C9 but the .40S&W. So I just had to have it today and here is what I got; my Hi-Point .40, one magazine, ghost ring as well as traditional sight, hardcase, kabar knife, a holster and the lazer which they had already set up on the gun. All of which cost $254.99. I asked but they couldn't go any lower on the price but they did throw in the NICS search and a lock for the case for free. I'm damn happy with that purchase, only downside is I'm leaving Jersey to head down to Tampa until Monday night tomorrow so I won't get to shoot her until next week. I'll try to get some pics up ASAP for all to enjoy.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
nice. with .40 the price sounds much more reasonable. what's nics search?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the instant background check they have to do here in Jersey, they normally charge $16 for it. See here you have to first get a firearms purchasing ID where they do the full FBI background check, which allows you to buy long guns but then you must get a permit for each andevery handgun you buy where they do another background check and then at the time of purchase they do the nics check I don't don't know what the acronym stands for but that's what they call it. So with that in mind it was a good deal.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
that's cool, in cali it cost from 25 to 35 for the background check and take 10 days waiting period.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I am sure you will love it as much as I love my JCP40 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey you guys all own c9's.....what size magazine did it come with? I thought it came with an 8 & a 10 but my dealer was trying to tell me they didn't get them in because they came with a 16 round mag which is illegal in nj....10 rd max.

·
Registered
514 Posts
in mississippi it takes 2 minutes and its free. buy the gun, background check, and be out the door in 10 minutes. i love it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey you guys all own c9's.....what size magazine did it come with? I thought it came with an 8 & a 10 but my dealer was trying to tell me they didn't get them in because they came with a 16 round mag which is illegal in nj....10 rd max.
As far as i know, if its just the basic C9, and not the comp model, it comes with an eight rounder. And I have no clue what your dealer was talking about when he said "16 round mag".. all that Hi Point makes are 8 and 10 rounders...

-David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's what I thought, I don't know what he was talking about...maybe he thought I was talking about the S&W Sigma series I know those are available in 10 or 16 round mags.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I bought a 40S&W about 10 hours ago. I bought the 40S&W, 50 shells, 3 trigger locks, 30 mins. on their indoor range and back ground check for $190 out the door. I couldn't be happier. I am hoping to go up to my freinds range on sunday to run about 200 rounds through it. If it pans out I will be taking my digital cam with me.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Ok, just for everyone here, this is killing me.... SO, here you guys go...

This goes for you Mississippi boys too. I call Ocean Springs/Biloxi home, so don't think I am gonna let you guys off easy.. We gotta show 'em how Mississippi does it! Come on guys, post some PICS!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D All in good fun of course!!!

Welcome to the forums to all of you new guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts