Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just received my new HP 40 and was finally able to take it to the range. Before I bought the pistol, I did my research and decided to buy the 40.

I had gone to Ft Meyers to complete a project for work and had to stop at the Walmart off Ortiz/Colonial to buy a few items. I bought three 50 round boxes of CCI blazer brass for $9 and some change. I also bought the Winchester JHP 40 s&w 180g for personal protection.

I went to my range today and loaded the mag to its capacity making sure the rounds were tiped at the recommended angle. I am proud to say that I placed 100 rounds down range, all on target from 10 to 25 yards. I did have 3 ftf. Those rounds appeared jammed in sideways for some reason. Anyway, knowing that this may happen according to some of the posts, I cleared the chamber and continued to fire carefully placed rounds on target. The weapon is very accurate at 25 yards. I was very impressed. I used the crossman holster that I had bought a while back while waiting for the gun to arrive to my dealer. I do need more time holstering and unholstering, but that will come with time.

As a prior LE officer, I am proud to say that I would def. recommend this gun to anyone looking for a reliable, low cost weapon. I remember we (PD) used to shoot the S&W 5904 9mm and it did jam on us freaquently while doing our 6 month weapon qualification. My take on my HP 40 is that it will get better with more time on the range.

Next up is to get the hogue grips and a nice cleaning. I am thinking of the C9 for my personal CCW weapon. I am relying on my HP40 as a home or auto protection jointly with my Mossberg 500.

Feed backs would be appreciated! [/b]

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I don't think you need any feedback. Sounds like you are right on track. Keep shootin!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good bro.See how the .40 goes as it gets broken in.If your still having ftf after awhile the guys here will square you away.I've been carrying my c-9 all ccw all this year and just last week moved to a glock19 for the higher mag capacity.Your c-9 may shoot good right out of the box like mine did or it too may have to be broken in.I had a $10.00 ambi iwb holster and the combo served me well day in and day out.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Very nice review, you're right on track. 500 rounds is a good break in as mentioned. Remember for cleaning, do the most you can WITHOUT taking it apart. Unlike many/most guns, the HP's are not as easy to undress, and certainly do not need or reco it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feed backs

I wanted to also ask where do you guys buy good, cheap rounds. I mean I was lucky to find the CCI Blazers at that price at walmart. I do travel alot so its hard to buy rounds via the net. I was also thinking of reloads but I always go with what I know, every time.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
The best ammo for the .40 is the CCI Blazer Brass hands down. It's the most reliable ammo for the least amount of money. That's all I shoot out of my .45 1911. $9 bucks a box sounds about right for Wal-Mart, so if I were you I'd stock up. Also, save your brass, as reloading is cheaper by far. Congrats on your new toy, and welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts