Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with spoonbill season coming up, My buddy is starting to get his gear altogether. We were walking through bass pro shop, when we came upon the 8 oz lead sinkers used for snagging. A bargin at 6 BUCKS a piece. my buddy told me that he lost 10 of the weights last year. So instead of buying more weights, i told him to buy this instead.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

All it took was warming up the production pot, and some WW's and it 20 minutes he had more weights than he would ever need in a season. Best part, i get to keep the mold. It is in nice 6 and 8 oz sizes, and are small enough to fit in my pot really well. So now i have about 30 of thise sinkers in a bucket now. i am going to pick up a load of WW's at the tire shop and add to that bucket tomorrow.

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Very cool dude. Those look like some really professional looking sinkers. Any pics of the finished product?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics to come soon primal. my grandfather just gave me his egg shaped sinker molds. i'll post pics later tonight of the big sinkers. I need to get some tin solder to help with the mold fill out, but these are sinkers that are just going to drag the bottom of the lake.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I wish I had 10 cents for everyone of those i helped cast before I was old enough to drive.We cast sinkers for a sporting goods store in town.Our snagging weights were cast in a 8 10 12 &16 oz all in 1 mold.sometimes as much as 500 lbs a day. We also cast slip sinkers ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.