Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised pics so here they are :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

She's a little rough but all numbers match!!! :D
The bore is pretty good all things considered. It has the Soviet crest on it as well, a little worn but you can see it.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see anything... then again I'm not 100% sure what to look for. Besides the Armory fix in picture 4 I don't know. :thinking:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Your stock has been repaired where there would have been evidence of scope mounting making it an ex-sniper stock. If the action goes wit hthe stock then there should be evidence of scope mounting holes somewhere in the receiver as well.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet I'm not sure how to take down this bad boy but Primal said he'd show me when I got it. He won't be back til tomorrow though. It's probably not rocket science but I don't want to mess something up... :cantlook:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an ex-sniper... minus the action :sniffles: it has the same numbers on top but underneath inside the stock the action has another number.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Every number matches. They all say "4288". But when I disassembled it to see if there were signs that the old mounting bolt holes were plugged in the action (which there weren't any, there were no holes to begin with) I found a number that reads "2169" under the action and don't know what it's for, so that is why I said that. I'm new to this C&R stuff sorry if I sound like an idiot....

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
you have a definate good gun, not an ex sniper but that means nothing to a serious collector, that ex-sniper moniker is real but serious MN collectors wouldn't consider it anymore valuable than a regular gun in good shape. If you are going to start seriously trying to collect quality pieces then just do research at any site you can find and then after you read through all of that, decipher what you can and believe about half of it. Congrats on a good M91/30, don't sweat the details, and shoot the hell out of it.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool I wasn't too worried about the minor details, Zerodaze asked if it was an ex-sniper I just wanted to to give the best answer I could. 8)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Krippp is right, it doesn't mean anything, it's really just one more to collect.

There are 2 schools of thought on them, and my gun show buddy and I are on opposite sides of the fence. 1st is that they were sniper rifles, and should be a great shooter. 2nd they were sniper rifles and are all shot out.

I believe the 1st to be true. He and I have differing opinions on just about everything, so it works out that we never fight over who is going to buy what gun :)

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
I got to check out the rifle yesterday, but didn't really get a chance to take it apart and look at what Andronicus was talking about. Hopefully I'll be able to do it later today. From what I can tell, the rifle is in great shape, and for the price, you can't beat it. The bore looks really good, the bolt is in good shape and the furniture looks to be well preserved without being totally soaked in cosmoline. All in all, he got a damn fine rifle for not alot of coin, so kudos on that one.

The next thing we need to do is check the headspacing. Does anyone have a go/no go gauge for the Mosins they'd either like to sell or at least mail to me so I can check this thing out for him? I'd rather not have to take it to a gunsmith, as gunsmith fees around here are going through the roof. Along with all the panic buying going on, alot of folks are getting their guns either fixed or modified rather than buy new guns.... So, needless to say, all the gunsmiths are swamped with work.

So, if anyone has a headspace gauge, let me know via PM, or direct me where to look to find one to buy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.