Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
16,839 Posts
I got to check out the rifle yesterday, but didn't really get a chance to take it apart and look at what Andronicus was talking about. Hopefully I'll be able to do it later today. From what I can tell, the rifle is in great shape, and for the price, you can't beat it. The bore looks really good, the bolt is in good shape and the furniture looks to be well preserved without being totally soaked in cosmoline. All in all, he got a damn fine rifle for not alot of coin, so kudos on that one.

The next thing we need to do is check the headspacing. Does anyone have a go/no go gauge for the Mosins they'd either like to sell or at least mail to me so I can check this thing out for him? I'd rather not have to take it to a gunsmith, as gunsmith fees around here are going through the roof. Along with all the panic buying going on, alot of folks are getting their guns either fixed or modified rather than buy new guns.... So, needless to say, all the gunsmiths are swamped with work.

So, if anyone has a headspace gauge, let me know via PM, or direct me where to look to find one to buy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.