Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wifes uncle showed up this past Sunday, with a new friend for me. I have been bugging him about his Kimber for a year now and he fineally brought it out to me. To the tune of $500 paid whenever I can get it, he told me to keep it until I can come up with the money. Kimber Stainless Target 2 that he bought 3 years ago and never even broke it in because he bough and now caries a H&K USP .45. He said there was too much about the USP that he likes that the kimber just doesnt have. Doesnt bother me.... it's mine now!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I like your Kimber better than any H&K, that is a beautiful pistol! And at such a deal!! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
congrats man very nice gun you will be happy with it i just purchased one about two weeks ago and love it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already love it just cant wait to fire it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am very jealous I have been wanting a kimber just like that. As a matter of fact I almost put one on lay-away this afternoon during my lunchbreak trip to the gunshop. Maybe I should make a return trip.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
You gonna change out the grips?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thinking about changing out the grips to the wrap around rubber grips, maybe even changing out the sights to something a little more visable. I did however have the opportunity to shoot it this past sunday at Deer Creek here in Oh. I LOVE IT! Kinda funny though, the only difference between shooting the Kimber and my JHP.... Kimber has better trigger pull, but sharper recoil. Accuracy was too close to call. Weight is insainly close, as is size!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
keby I think you would love it as much as I do! There are a lot of more affordable ones out there, I just got lucky when I got mine! I would never pay a grand for one unless I had an expendable income!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah there were 3 I was looking at when I got my P95. The Springfield GI model, a Para and a Taurus. Out of them I think I liked the Para the most. They were all in the $460-$480ish range. I think I may have to get one for my next toy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. That is a sharp 1911.

Keep an eye on the barrel. Some Kimber barrels rust very very easily. I took my Kimber Custom II back awhile ago because of that issue.
mine did that, so what did they do about it. Its just a little surface barley noticable, but im picky.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This one was a little rusted in a few spots..... a little CLP and a brass wire brush and it looks as good as new. I have severe OCD when it comes to my firearms, weather they get fired of not they all get cleaned and lubed at least once a month. Maybe more than is needed but like I said OCD! I refuse to have a broken, abused, rusted, or improperly maintained firearm in my house unless I am in the process of rehabilitating it.... or maybe fixing it for a friend. I have OCD with a few things and this is one such topic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.