Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this guy up at a gun show a couple weeks ago for cheap. It already had the bipod and cheapo scope on it. It runs 100% on any kind of ammo. I emptied out my random 9mm bucket. This thing is so much fun.. Had it out back today plinking pop cans at 50yrds. It took me a while to get the scope sighted in.. but now it's dead on at that distance....now nothing is safe in my back yard...lol....:)

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I was just saying I need to get mine out and go shoot. I haven’t had my 995 out in a long time. This is motivating me to get off my @#$.
I wish I had the luxury of just shooting off my back porch. I either have to make a trip out to the blm or go to my indoor range.
actually… scratch that. I’d be broke if I could just shoot off my back porch. haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just saying I need to get mine out and go shoot. I haven’t had my 995 out in a long time. This is motivating me to get off my @#$.
I wish I had the luxury of just shooting off my back porch. I either have to make a trip out to the blm or go to my indoor range.
actually… scratch that. I’d be broke if I could just shoot off my back porch. haha
Yea.... Thats an issue for sure.. Lucky friends come over and bring ammo. Plus i buy so much each week. Sometimes if it's cold or rainy i just open the back door and dump a mag into an old shed i have thats falling down to get my fix.. Empties flying in the kitchen...lol. I guess thats one plus to being lonely...living alone..

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,771 Posts
Picked this guy up at a gun show a couple weeks ago for cheap. It already had the bipod and cheapo scope on it. It runs 100% on any kind of ammo. I emptied out my random 9mm bucket...
"random 9mm bucket" :eek:

Wow, that's awesomeness :D I suspect you take the partial boxes and dump the remainder in the bucket? My OCD does not let me do this LOL

I'd say "nice 995" but pix did not display... I'm on the phone app, support is nonexistent for the HPFF. Maybe when I log in on the 'puter later I can see it.

Ok found it on web view,

NICE RIG

Welcome to jungle! Avoid the monkeys and their 'king', but the Kitties, Dawgs, and Moles are friendly :)

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,012 Posts
How many times do you have to be told to stop using that shitty and broken app and your non-functioning emojis?
He claims to be a genius so..

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
131 Posts
"random 9mm bucket" :eek:

Wow, that's awesomeness :D I suspect you take the partial boxes and dump the remainder in the bucket? My OCD does not let me do this LOL

I'd say "nice 995" but pix did not display... I'm on the phone app, support is nonexistent for the HPFF. Maybe when I log in on the 'puter later I can see it.

Ok found it on web view,

NICE RIG

Welcome to jungle! Avoid the monkeys and their 'king', but the Kitties, Dawgs, and Moles are friendly :)
What he said.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I miss shooting and it has been months since I went out. It keeps raining around me and making mud so I keep delaying my shooting date. I prefer shooting out in the nearly empty desert mostly with a 9 millimeter Luger carbine and a .22 Long Rifle. Rifle ammo is too expensive so I generally shoot less than twenty shots of that.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,175 Posts
Rifle ammo is too expensive so I generally shoot less than twenty shots of that.
Yeah... I hear ya. I shot a box of 308 the other day and felt bad... till I pulled the trigger in my LR-308. It was fun but yeah... get's expensive.

My AR-9 has been my favorite toy now a days, fun to shoot and fairly inexpensive. AR-45 too but prices a bit higher. Of course have to do 223 and x39 too...

Range day in general is expensive lol, but needed imo.

It's especially hard when you can go out back and shoot, cause you have to curb that or go broke quick!!

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,175 Posts
Picked this guy up at a gun show a couple weeks ago for cheap. It already had the bipod and cheapo scope on it. It runs 100% on any kind of ammo. I emptied out my random 9mm bucket. This thing is so much fun.. Had it out back today plinking pop cans at 50yrds. It took me a while to get the scope sighted in.. but now it's dead on at that distance....now nothing is safe in my back yard...lol....:)
Very nice and Welcome to the nuthouse.

I have that in both 9 and 40 S&W flavors. Always tell everyone that is looking for a PCC to never overlook an HP. For the money they are fun, accurate and very reliable.

Wish they could just figure out how to expand mag capacity without the Redball mags, in 9mm at least...

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
Yep, where's the 40 hi-cap mags?

I built an AR40. Yes it takes Glock mags! Very few rounds through it. I was looking to order some ammo. Maybe next month.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,771 Posts
...It's especially hard when you can go out back and shoot, cause you have to curb that or go broke quick!!
I'm finding this out too, my new range cost about $700 so far, just for the dirt work 😋
Ammo expenditures will easily eclipse that this summer, unless I get a solid plan for the shooting stations and throw in calisthenics at each station! Make it a fighting/fitness course 😋

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I'm finding this out too, my new range cost about $700 so far, just for the dirt work 😋
Ammo expenditures will easily eclipse that this summer, unless I get a solid plan for the shooting stations and throw in calisthenics at each station! Make it a fighting/fitness course 😋
Only way you'd get this fatdog to get into shape

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Fat Moles, too :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm thinking about a target scoring and timing system, with 5 or 6 stations.
I should do another post on this.
Check out the stuff they do in the “Brutality” range competitions on Forgotten Weapons or Bloke on the Range, on YouTube. Calisthenics, kettle bells, and a bit of movement in between stations, or even in between shots.

Desert Brutality is in So. Utah, I believe. They do a winter version in Finland. They also do a few in Arizona where the In Range and Forgotten Weapons guys live.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,771 Posts
Check out the stuff they do in the “Brutality” range competitions on Forgotten Weapons or Bloke on the Range, on YouTube. Calisthenics, kettle bells, and a bit of movement in between stations, or even in between shots.

Desert Brutality is in So. Utah, I believe. They do a winter version in Finland. They also do a few in Arizona where the In Range and Forgotten Weapons guys live.
That's Great!
I have some Kettle Bells, I could likely get some all weather paint on them and leave them out. Some other weights too, now u really got my gears grinding AL! 👏

1 - 18 of 18 Posts