Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this fine little pistol from SOG and couldn't be happier. It shoots like a dream and is mechanically in excellent condition. Since the poly on the slide was all chipped I stripped it and blued the slide (I may duracoate the slide eventually so as to put it back to the way it was) I also ordered one more magazine from CZ USA and a new set of grips from the same place. The grips and mag are for the CZ 83 but CZ USA say they will fit. The grips may need minor fitting... a little dremel work on the backside.

This pistol is 9x18 caliber and has a 12 round double stack magazine!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will work good for working around the property as I open carry in the summer anyways ..but also have my CCW so the enclosed holster isn't a problem if a cop wants to be a tard when I step off the property. (Note in MI it technically is not concealing in a flap holster but some cops don't know the law they just enforce what they think) It will protect the gun from dust and stuff better than a open holster.

You remember correctly in that one model was .380. They made the 83 in 9x18, .380 and .32 it had the same mag for the 9x18 and .380 12 round double stack. And a 15 round double stack on the .32 that is a diff mag! Right now the only mag that seems to be available new is the .380 mag that works with the 9x18 as well! The grips are the same on all of them. They just had a mag well insert on the .32 that made it so the diff mag would fit correctly.

Also the 83 has standard rifling on all models whereas the 82 has polygonal.

Sorry .... remember I said in my other thread I over research stuff before I buy it...... well I have facts and figures just flying around in my head!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.