My new toy (Taurus Millennium .45)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by shadowlands, Jun 11, 2008.

1. My new toy (Taurus Millennium .45)

[​IMG]

I have not been able to make it out to the range yet and it's killin' me.
    Was moving my mother last weekend. And this weekend I wont have a spare moment thanks to a little more moving related items and then Father's Day. But the following weekend, it's on!!!

2. Cool! I got my wife a Pink PT111MilPro, and she likes it, but she really wants a .45--- this may be the thing to get her--

Let us know how she handles!

3. BDW2084

BDW2084 Guest

Cool. 8) My brother has the mill. pro in .40 and likes his.
    Enjoy!

4. Will do! I can't believe the build quality. I use to own the kel-tec 9mm and this taurus is so much more solid in my opinion. And it blows my mind to have 10+1 in .45 in a small package... wildt

5. Good to hear.. thanks man...
    I had to get the .45 for I've tucked away a ton of .45 ammo....

6. rds801

rds801 Member

That is a beautiful firearm. Please give us details after you get the chance to use it. I am leaning towards the MilPro 9mm for carry. There are a few other pistols I am also looking at but the MilPro is at the top of the list right now. Thanks for sharing.

7. Thanks!!!
    I still have not shot it yet. Been going out of town every bloody weekend as of lately. I might just get to shoot it this weekend. I hope so!
    Like the grip on your Hi-Point...

8. I took the Taurus PT145 to the range last weekend. I really didn't like it. I was not hitting paper! DUDE! After 50 rounds I was hitting paper, but not the center target. Finally around 100 rounds I could get about 30% of my shots on center. But this gun isn't for me. It's the second half plastic carry pistol I've tried and disliked. So I sold it already. Got pretty much what I paid, so I'm happy.

9. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

I would be Fibbing if I said that thing isnt sexy.

Looks real good.

Can I hold it??? :p:)

I should change that Some perv is about to stop in on this thread.

10. noemad

noemad Member

Ohio
    Other than your general dislike of the firearm, did you notice any failures with it?

11. rds801

rds801 Member

Sorry to hear that you didn't like it. What was the problem?

12. I didn't like it because I didn't shoot well with it.
    It might not be the gun. It may be me. But I shoot really well with Hi-Point pistols, and of course my CZ...

Any jams or issues? No. It worked perfectly.

I just didn't work well with it for some reason.
    I still love Taurus though....

13. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Hey: I shot a glock, and the grip angle turned me off on them.

Not to start a hijack, or flame war....I carry a 1911. I am sure other Glock owners will interject now.

14. I had the same experience with a glock once as well.
    And a keltec... and now the taurus....
    I'll stick to my CZ...

15. rds801

rds801 Member

Trying to find a range around me that will have some hanguns available to rent so I can try before I buy. I will have to travel a little bit to find one though.

16. You rang? I'll pass this time

17. Fourboxes

Fourboxes Member

There is one in salt lake city utah, they have a range built onto the gunstore. They charge a fee for the range time, and then another fee to rent each gun, I want to say 8 bucks or something like that.

It seemed too much for me, but if you want to take a roadtrip and there's nothing closer, it's an option.

18. had a friend buy one of these and didnt like it one bit after he had it awhile , they carry great just performance wise sucked , tried a lot of different ammo and still groups were all over the place , and trigger pull was like crap ,

19. Loxxa

Loxxa Guest

i really like that oversize trigger & guard. you should buy some nice gloves for it. lol