Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice gun, and welcome to the AK family. I picked up a Romanian AK a while back and love shooting it. Since then I've installed the Tapco stock, Tapco SAW pistol grip, UTG quadrail with foregrip, and a Barska RDS. Not sure if mine is a WASR or not I'm not up on all the lingo. I think mine was an AKS style since it came with the folding stock which was butt ugly. I didn't care I was gonna change it anyways.

Now go burn all the cosmoline out of that thing :D

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
AKs are a lot of fun to shoot and ammo is plentiful at a reasonable price again. You're going to like it. Check places like Copes or Henderson Defense for mags--they sell them for $10 or less in quantity. There's no reason not to have a dozen or more mags for an AK.

(Please don't ask me how many AK mags I have)
:cantlook:

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
This pic may be a bit too small but it's all I have on my Photobucket that has it in there. I'm at work ATM so I can't take a good pic. If you can't tell from this one I can take one later today. The mag I wasn't sure about is in the rifle in this picture.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
thats a two rib bosnian mag. they made two versions, one with a standard follower and one with a LRHO follower. they alos made one where the two side ribs were shorter and it had a fluer de lis stmaped on the bottom.

SW

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Yeah this one has the LRHO follower. It doesn't work just real well with my WASR (it doesn't quite snap in high enough) so I have blue tape around it to denote that it's a last resort mag, but I keep it because it seems to be pretty unique.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.