Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per Moderator's request, here's a pic of my guns:

1979 vintage Glenfield/Marlin model 60 fitted with an ATI stock and 4x scope. Great little plinker. Hadn't fired it in 20+ years and it works like brand new.

2007 Hi-Point 995. Added ATI stock and a red dot sight. Oh what fun we're having now. Amazingly accurate out to 50 yards.

2007 S&W M&P 9mm. Great gun for the indoor range.

1988 S&W 669 compact 9mm. The Miami Vice gun.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Practical, simple and fun. Great collection!

G

·
Do you like that ATI stock for the Model 60? I have one on my 10/22 and I haven't quite made up my mind on it yet. I know they are similar. Love the M&P!

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Glad to see so many M&P's as of late, it was my pistol of choice for a while for next pistol purchase but i'm still drawn to the XD too...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Crockett carried a Bren-Ten. Tubbs had the shotty and revolver.
He only carried it for 2 seasons, the I think he moved to the S&W 4506..Just an FYI...

:D

·
Registered
417 Posts
you are missing a shot gun to join the 16% of americans. lol. Nice collection

G

·
I got the correct info (I Hope):

Bren Ten, manufactured by Dornaus & Dixon, was a stainless-steel handgun that was used during the first season by Sonny Crockett (Johnson).[77] It was the state-of-the-art gun during the first two seasons of Miami Vice, until Dornaus & Dixon went out of business in 1986.[77] Since the company went out of business, the Miami Vice production couldn't allow Crockett to use an out of date firearm. Smith & Wesson was given the contract to outfit Sonny (Johnson) with a S&W Model 645.[80][81][77] This was the gun used in the third season of Miami Vice.[77] Later on in the series, Crockett would also use a S&W Model 4506,[75] a Detonics Combat-Master,[40] and a S&W Model 4513.[69]

Ricardo Tubbs (Philip Michael Thomas) used a sawed-off double-barreled shotgun in the first season. In later seasons, he used an Ithaca 37 sawed-off pump shotgun called an Ithaca Stakeout,[77] and a Sig Sauer 9 mm P228.[81] Stan Switek can be seen using a variety of weapons, including a nickel-plated 9mm FN GP-35 Hi-Power.[44] The other characters of the show can be seen using different model firearms. The villains of the show used Steyr AUG[80] and M16 assault rifles,[77] H&K MP5 submachine guns, and the Street-Sweeper shotgun.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
i havent seen one of them ol smiths in a longtime , great carry pistol for sure

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nice guns, its like an addiction you buy one you gotta get more :wink:

G

·
Jarhead: good info, as I remember all three handguns you listed!
Back then, I used to keep track of firearms alot more than I do now. I knew the Bren 10 manufactures went out of bidness. I saw he had a 645 and that little 1911 as backup....amazing how he never printed with them!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I HAVE THE S&W M&P 9, LOVE IT. THE ONLY THING I DID WAS AD A GRIP TO IT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts