My noisemakers

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by BellaCorse, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Per Moderator's request, here's a pic of my guns:

1979 vintage Glenfield/Marlin model 60 fitted with an ATI stock and 4x scope. Great little plinker. Hadn't fired it in 20+ years and it works like brand new.

2007 Hi-Point 995. Added ATI stock and a red dot sight. Oh what fun we're having now. Amazingly accurate out to 50 yards.

2007 S&W M&P 9mm. Great gun for the indoor range.

1988 S&W 669 compact 9mm. The Miami Vice gun.

[​IMG]

2. Practical, simple and fun. Great collection!

3. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

Do you like that ATI stock for the Model 60? I have one on my 10/22 and I haven't quite made up my mind on it yet. I know they are similar. Love the M&P!

4. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

Glad to see so many M&P's as of late, it was my pistol of choice for a while for next pistol purchase but i'm still drawn to the XD too...

5. I like it.

Did you Marlin drop-in the ATI stock? I can't remember if I had to "fit" mine or not.

6. ChrisP

ChrisP Guest

Why are you calling the 669 the Miami Vice gun, who carried it in the show?

7. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

Crockett carried a Bren-Ten. Tubbs had the shotty and revolver.

8. Ari

Ari Guest

9. He only carried it for 2 seasons, the I think he moved to the S&W 4506..Just an FYI...

:D

10. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

you are missing a shot gun to join the 16% of americans. lol. Nice collection

11. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

I got the correct info (I Hope):

Bren Ten, manufactured by Dornaus & Dixon, was a stainless-steel handgun that was used during the first season by Sonny Crockett (Johnson).[77] It was the state-of-the-art gun during the first two seasons of Miami Vice, until Dornaus & Dixon went out of business in 1986.[77] Since the company went out of business, the Miami Vice production couldn't allow Crockett to use an out of date firearm. Smith & Wesson was given the contract to outfit Sonny (Johnson) with a S&W Model 645.[80][81][77] This was the gun used in the third season of Miami Vice.[77] Later on in the series, Crockett would also use a S&W Model 4506,[75] a Detonics Combat-Master,[40] and a S&W Model 4513.[69]

Ricardo Tubbs (Philip Michael Thomas) used a sawed-off double-barreled shotgun in the first season. In later seasons, he used an Ithaca 37 sawed-off pump shotgun called an Ithaca Stakeout,[77] and a Sig Sauer 9 mm P228.[81] Stan Switek can be seen using a variety of weapons, including a nickel-plated 9mm FN GP-35 Hi-Power.[44] The other characters of the show can be seen using different model firearms. The villains of the show used Steyr AUG[80] and M16 assault rifles,[77] H&K MP5 submachine guns, and the Street-Sweeper shotgun.

12. i havent seen one of them ol smiths in a longtime , great carry pistol for sure

13. Nice guns, its like an addiction you buy one you gotta get more :wink:

14. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Jarhead: good info, as I remember all three handguns you listed!
    Back then, I used to keep track of firearms alot more than I do now. I knew the Bren 10 manufactures went out of bidness. I saw he had a 645 and that little 1911 as backup....amazing how he never printed with them!

15. elguapo

elguapo Guest

BTW: Vic Mackey, the angry little bald man on "The Shield" has a 645 for his duty weapon.

16. I HAVE THE S&W M&P 9, LOVE IT. THE ONLY THING I DID WAS AD A GRIP TO IT.