My Obligatory Pic Thread!

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by browwiw, Nov 8, 2007.

1. browwiw

browwiw Member

My ATI stock came in the mail today and after some teeth gnashing and rending of garments I finally...got the USPS box open. Installation actually was fairly easy (though I did have a couple snafus which I will mention below).

[​IMG]

I have all the standards installed: ATI butt pad, compensator, and a Wal-Mart bought Rock Mount bi-pod.

Now, my first snafu is that the forward bolt is not wanting to align correctly with its sleeve nut. I've tried some filing in the stock, but I'm afraid I may have to Dremel the shroud. The bolt errs torwards the bottom so I'm afraid to take too much off and weaken the shroud. The bolt in the rear aligned perfectly just to make me angry.

Secondly, the new stock doesn't seem to like giving up magazines. That is, magazines don't like to come out of pistol grip. I think it's because the lip of the grip bottom is over lapping and snagging the magazine. More Dremeling, I suppose.

But, over all, I'm very happy. Very handsome and ergonomic stock. I can't wait to get that bolt issue resolved so I can take it to the range.

2. Excellent job man! Nice pic too. :wink:

3. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Looking good!

With my old factory 995 stock the mags got to where they would drop out when I hit the mag release. Since I put the ATI stock on, I have to pull the mags out as they don't drop free. Other than that it function flawlessly. I wouldn't worry about the mags.

4. browwiw

browwiw Member

I got the forward bolt and nut figured out. Liberal use of a round file.

So the magazine release thing is a common problem?

5. Maverick

Maverick Guest

It is for me and I don't even think of it as a problem. I'm sure others will chime in on how theirs work...

6. I got a new mag release from Hi-Point and had to cut about 1/16th off the end of the spring before it would act right. Now it's back to 100%.

If you bought the carbine NIB it may take some time for the mag release spring tension to wear down some before it's broken in. I wouldn't recommend cutting it right away. Mine was giving me problems for several weeks before I finally cut some off of the spring. Hope this helps.

7. I have 2 of the 995 carbines,both with ATI stocks. The mag on carbine#1 is quite snug and sometimes I have to tug a little but its nothing major.
    As for Carbine#2, the mag drops out easily with any coaxing,but its not like super-flimsy loose. I guess it varies from gun to gun. I've not lost any sleep over it yet.

8. browwiw

browwiw Member

Thanks for the info, Primal. I'll give it some time before I do anything drastic.

Like Maverick said, it really isn't a problem...but when you go the effort of making your 120 dollar carbine look like a high end H&K, you just want to hear that satisfying klunk when you toggle the mag release button.

Oh, well, maybe I'll get the laser sight and a x2 scope to make me feel better.

9. That'd make anyone feel better!!! Let us know how it goes and post pics when you make additions.